Losing one's camera.... (1 Viewer)

classic seanc

Yeah so, I left my camera behind me in the IFI yesterday….they say there’s no sign of it now.

What should I do? Tell the guards? Check the buy and sell? Is there a code on the camera or something that can be used to identify it? I’m assuming my odds of recovery are pretty much nil.

Yeah so, I left my camera behind me in the IFI yesterday….they say there’s no sign of it now.

What should I do? Tell the guards? Check the buy and sell? Is there a code on the camera or something that can be used to identify it? I’m assuming my odds of recovery are pretty much nil.

thats shit man. if you have the orriginal documentation for the camera/lens it should have serial nos on it.

fear of loss/theft/breakages is one of the reasons why i rarely bring my dslr walkabout. cheap virtually unbreakable second hand cameras all the way!!

Invest in a cheap UV pen and write your phone number over every bit camera kit you have. Chances are slim that you'll get it back, but stranger things have happened. Have they CCTV Footage? have you reported it to the Guards? Did you register it with Canon when you bought it? The serial should be on the documentation somewhere.

Make sure you report it to the Gurads and say it was stolen. They might ask to see the CCTV footage from the IFI.

I'm sure I have the serial number at home somewhere. I'm pretty sure I registered with Canon, it was a while ago.
Which station do I go to, Pearse St.?

Oh, and your number will also be buried somewhere in either the EXIF or IPTC data. Take a look at the options in Adobe Bridge or equivalent to find out. Remember someone took a photo of the Harry Potter book and they could trace it back?

Your camera was lost, not stolen.
I'm just saying that as it's probably less likely to end up getting hocked.
Someone's picked it up and said "Cool, I now own a nice Canon. Sweet."

Sadly, this is probably truth. Although, one would hope at the IFI someone would have the decency to turn it in if found. I know I'm stereotyping the patronage but there you go.

And if they have a flickr page and put pics up from it, you can probably hunt them down using the metadata.

If only flickr would put up a completely searchable EXIF page.

Maybe it'd be a thing to suggest for their development team.

Your camera was lost, not stolen.
I'm just saying that as it's probably less likely to end up getting hocked.
Someone's picked it up and said "Cool, I now own a nice Canon. Sweet."

I know, I know....let this be a lesson to y'all not to go stereotyping people; cuntage knows no social bounds.
Though I spose it might still get handed in, but I doubt it.

Still, I don't think it'll do any harm to talk to the gardaí's about it.

It might have been handed into the Guards rather than handing it into the IFI. God knows who you'd be handing it in to. At least the Guards issue a receipt for it. I know, for something of that expense, I'd bring it to the Guards. I'd rarely hand anything into a bar/lounge without knowing the staff. And even then.

So, there's hope.

But it might not be handed in yet, so get a contact number from the Guards. And ring them next week as well.

Gardaí gave me an insurance letter.
It is insured, at least I think it is.

The man in the IFI said the place was a kipp after Grindhouse, he found everything except a camera. He said. They have my details too.
:(

The man in the IFI said the place was a kipp after Grindhouse, he found everything except a camera. He said. They have my details too.
:(

Ah yeah, that explains it. Tarantino fans, eh? If it was some sensitive French movie it would definitely been handed in.

Bummer about your camera, man .... I feel your pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back