Looking for info on old Irish goth bands and clubs (1 Viewer)

aurnia

Website
www.myspace.com
Hi all

I was recommended to post here. I'm researching about old Irish goth bands (North and South of the Border) that gigged, demo'd etc during the 80's to the 90's, though era is not specific.

I'm a dj for Dominion goth club http://dominion.gothic.ie/ but also an "old farter", ie over 30!

Anyhow I'm on an email list iegoth http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iegoth/ and a thread came up about old bands. Now I tried to research way back in '99 and again in '01 but only got so far which wasn't too far at the time due to the lack of knowledge available.

So I'm hoping that there's a few other old farters out there that can help. Looking for anything on old bands, such as The Flesh Temple, Bouquet of Blue Roses, Stigmata Martyr which are bands I was just told about but have no info on. I'm also iffy on the details of House Of Byron.

Any help would be great. Plus if there's bands that I haven't mentioned, that would be brill too. I know the usual suspects, is VPrunes and it's off shoots, This Burning Effigy etc..

Pics also of bands, flyers of gigs, flyers of clubs is also appreciated, as is info from said clubs. I only went to the Grove, Olympic and Fetish and then organised my own clubs in McGonagles - the 2nd of which was the first Badlands.

The ulimate goal of this will be to develop a website to the forgotten goth of yore and then link it to the today stuff.

Thanks
Orla

Clubs: Fusion in the 13th Floor on O'Connell Street was a bit Gothy. I think there was a pure goth club there as well though. Maybe called The Temple.

Anthony said:
Clubs: Fusion in the 13th Floor on O'Connell Street was a bit Gothy. I think there was a pure goth club there as well though. Maybe called The Temple.

I think you're exactly right there, terence.
Why not talk to that Goth guy who's had the same haircut for 12 years (shaved sides, long at the back) that was actually born in Fibbers. He'd probably know a thing or two about a thing or two.

GrRrrrR said:
Why not talk to that Goth guy who's had the same haircut for 12 years (shaved sides, long at the back) that was actually born in Fibbers. He'd probably know a thing or two about a thing or two.
That guy!!! Me and my fellow Fibber going posse just to call him "the King Goth" when we went to Fibbers, back in 1996. And he's had the same haircut and clothes ever since, I saw him walking down Dame St. two Saturdays ago! I binned my purple combats years ago......

GrRrrrR said:

that guy with the black contacts? he's largely terrifying looking.

GrRrrrR said:

That'd be Jason. Squack's best mate goes out with him. He's a pretty successful graphic designer/software-type thingymejig. He may know stuff about old Goth clubs, but probably not the best to talk to about it.
Dominion folk are the best option I suppose.

Or you could summon up Satan or one of his legion of devils. They could have some idea.

avernus said:
that guy with the black contacts? he's largely terrifying looking.

Oh! He's not that scary. He is when armed to the teeth with machetes and maces and balls'n'chains, but generally he's into playing the Playstation, listening to music and the card-game, Canasta.

Clinton Bapiste said:
Oh! He's not that scary. He is when armed to the teeth with machetes and maces and balls'n'chains, but generally he's into playing the Playstation, listening to music and the card-game, Canasta.

ya I know, but when I was 16 going to fibbers he tweaked me out. it was the black eyes, you see. but yeah some friends of mine know him and say he's lovely.

There was a band around 86-88 called Guernica that featured a guy who is a well known comedian now but who's name escapes me right now.
Ther was The Garden Hasn't Changed Much;a bunch o' lily livered southsiders aroundat that time too.

Not forgetting the one, the only, the magnificent...CACTUS WORLD NEWS!!!!

aurnia said:
Hi all

I was recommended to post here. I'm researching about old Irish goth bands (North and South of the Border) that gigged, demo'd etc during the 80's to the 90's, though era is not specific.

I'm a dj for Dominion goth club http://dominion.gothic.ie/ but also an "old farter", ie over 30!

Anyhow I'm on an email list iegoth http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iegoth/ and a thread came up about old bands. Now I tried to research way back in '99 and again in '01 but only got so far which wasn't too far at the time due to the lack of knowledge available.

So I'm hoping that there's a few other old farters out there that can help. Looking for anything on old bands, such as The Flesh Temple, Bouquet of Blue Roses, Stigmata Martyr which are bands I was just told about but have no info on. I'm also iffy on the details of House Of Byron.

Any help would be great. Plus if there's bands that I haven't mentioned, that would be brill too. I know the usual suspects, is VPrunes and it's off shoots, This Burning Effigy etc..

Pics also of bands, flyers of gigs, flyers of clubs is also appreciated, as is info from said clubs. I only went to the Grove, Olympic and Fetish and then organised my own clubs in McGonagles - the 2nd of which was the first Badlands.

The ulimate goal of this will be to develop a website to the forgotten goth of yore and then link it to the today stuff.

Thanks
Orla

There also was:
The Summer House- (they had a track on a comet compilation) and
Tower of Bable-(featuring Paul Lacey sound engineer)
Guernica -were more like early New Order, they were great but definitely not a goth band check out deep sea diving
Cold- semi goth played Joy Division covers

That's all I can think of for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back