London Hotels/Air BnB (1 Viewer)

_Katie_

Threads
Looking for somewhere central enough that won't cost a bomb but also isn't a kip... Anyone got good recommendations? Preferences Bethnal Green/Islington.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
Depends how central you want. Is it for work or holiday? Clapton, Stoke Newington, Homerton. All good spots, lots of pubs, bars, restaurants, parks etc but not exactly central.

_Katie_

Threads
Depends how central you want. Is it for work or holiday? Clapton, Stoke Newington, Homerton. All good spots, lots of pubs, bars, restaurants, parks etc but not exactly central.
Going for a weekend to go to a gig in Electric Brixton.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
Going for a weekend to go to a gig in Electric Brixton.
Then you might want to think about South London. Peckham or Brixton are decent. I much prefer east London but it’ll take you nearly an hour to get to Brixton. Bethnal Green is on the central line but I’m not a fan. It’s gone downhill since Shoreditch became a shithole. Islington is nice but expensive. I’d recommend Clapton or Stoke Newington but you’d just have to travel a bit to get to your gig.

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Threads
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
I was in Islington recently enough. Stayed in some ghastly chain hotel, it was grand. Holiday Inn or Premiere Inn, something like that. Walking distance to loads of stuff.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
There’s not a great many hotels in the places I’ve mentioned but you’d get Airbnb’s and they’re in the more fun, less touristy bits. I’m sure you’d get a hotel in Brixton but it can be an awful place, basically all the good pubs and bars got taken over by shitty chains and all the poor people got pushed out and it’s a horrible gentrified shithole full of obnoxious drunks at the weekend. There are still some good finds there off the beaten track though.

_Katie_

Threads
Ah yiz are lovely, its me and my fella though so we'd take up too much room! <3 That said, we should get a pint!

_Katie_

Threads
We ended up getting a decent enough deal for a private room in a hostel in Bethnal Green!

_Katie_

Threads
Now that I've started this pointless thread ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR NICE LONDON THINGS

_Katie_

Threads
Oh lucky you. I saw him at Primavera last year, almost entirely new stuff and it was brilliant.

Back on topic, I see you've got sorted but I usually stay in the Columbia hotel around hyde park when I'm in London. Decent rate (for London) for single rooms
I'm SO excited! He's going to be playing his brand new album which is so lovely.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
Now that I've started this pointless thread ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR NICE LONDON THINGS
I’m going for Patrick’s Day weekend (or Boxing Weekend as it’s probably known as in the UK and Donegal) so yeah, any recommendations about exhibitions or events on would be great.

We’re also staying in Bethnal Green, only place we could find a nice hotel that wasn’t a million quid per night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads