Lockdown silver linings (2 Viewers)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
I'm as sick of this shit as anyone, but here are some things that lockdown has allowed me to do that I wouldn't have been able do otherwise:

- more music (cos there's more time cos my options are limited)
- zoom pints (not as good as real pints, but real pints are often not possible even without lockdown)
- zoom classes (have done an improv course and singing lessons that I wouldn't have done without zoom cos they'd involve too much driving)

ive had even less free time as work has been busier since lockdwon
Same, busiest work year ever started February last year and only ended at the start of this month because I literally told them i'm quitting and they countered with part-time.

Working from home has had a lot of perks. More time with the kids and all.
I'm also about 3 weeks away from finishing my degree.
I'm about to adopt a greyhound, we met him for the first time yesterday. He's pretty awesome. Would never have done this if it wasn't for the lockdown.
I recorded and released an ep. It sounds pretty ropey and I'll probably rerecord it after exams are finished but still just glad I did it.
Also the zoom pints thing has put me back in contact with people I haven't spoken to in years because they've moved off.
I'm running more.
Still be glad when this shite's over though, even though things will never fully go back to normal.

We had a baby last July so I’ve had no free time between him and work (I’ve been back on and off site since June). I did take back up wargaming which has been fun (solo games are a thing now) and have read a ton.

Same, busiest work year ever started February last year and only ended at the start of this month because I literally told them i'm quitting and they countered with part-time.

We had a baby last July so I’ve had no free time between him and work (I’ve been back on and off site since June). I did take back up wargaming which has been fun (solo games are a thing now) and have read a ton.

It’s shite lads

at the start there was more flexibility, but work expanded to fill the gaps, and very much encroached into time I would normally have off. I'm worried about the return to normality in some respects as I'll have to reset expectations

pluses, much more time with the chissler, much more musical instrumenting of various colours and creeds.

The last year could have been a real make or break period for my relationship, first during lockdown 1 where we didn't see each other for months and then doing the support bubble thing since we've been allowed to do that means that we've mostly only been able to see each other. I think it's moved us forward faster and demonstrated how well we get on together. Decided to buy a house for us to live in a few months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back