Lobster (1 Viewer)

Catwoman

While on holiday last week I tried lobster for the first time and have decided I want more, much more. So where can I get a nice lobster meal? I know King Sitric do lobster but was hoping somewhere in town?

I dunno, but when we were at my folks', my ma went down to the port and bought the biggest fucking lobsters on the planet from the lobsterdudes. One of them was the size of a small child. I've been craving lobster ever since, but I'm afraid that whatever I find here will just not live up to what you can get when you buy the bastards straight off the boat.

I know you can buy live ones in Fallon and Byrne and at the Fishmonger on Lower Baggot St, if you're up for cooking the fuckers yourself.

jane said:
I dunno, but when we were at my folks', my ma went down to the port and bought the biggest fucking lobsters on the planet from the lobsterdudes. One of them was the size of a small child. I've been craving lobster ever since, but I'm afraid that whatever I find here will just not live up to what you can get when you buy the bastards straight off the boat.

I know you can buy live ones in Fallon and Byrne and at the Fishmonger on Lower Baggot St, if you're up for cooking the fuckers yourself.
they give you awful resentful looks over the edge of the saucepan though.

Super Dexta said:
they give you awful resentful looks over the edge of the saucepan though.

Instead of dropping them live into a saucepan of boiling water, you could lay the squirmy fecker on a chopping board and drive a sharp steak knife through his little head like I saw that Gordon Ramsey do on 'the f word'. Apparently it's more "humane".

Lobster murderer.

1844000974.jpg

jane said:

No, no, no. I just read that if you don't fancy throwing them into boiling water, the best thing to do is slice their faces in half.

I am a hypocrite and I'm squeamish...

orrible :(
incidentally catwoman i'm not on a crusade to put you off eating your favourite foods or anything.. i swear! just being in favour of getting someone else to cook them.

Super Dexta said:
orrible :(
incidentally catwoman i'm not on a crusade to put you off eating your favourite foods or anything.. i swear! just being in favour of getting someone else to cook them.

I was gonna say!

At least you can't post a pic of a cute lil lobster... ;)

Was watching that piece of shit programme 'airline' the other day, where Easyjet jobsworth motherfuckers happily destroy people's holidays etc for 'entertainment' purposes (although some of the passengers are horrendous too) and some canadian exchange student had brought a load of lobsters as a gift to the people he was staying with.

Cue the complete fucking bitch working in Easyjet to tell him "sorry - no live animals on our flights".

So the kid, who'd brought them on two flights already, looked devastated, but came up with a brilliant solution. Told the lady: "fine, I'll kill them now then" lifted them out of the box and was all set to bash them on the noggin on the check in desk, when she took the box away from him and said she'd contact the RSPCA??!?!

Naturally the lobsters disappeared into some Easyjet staff members lunchbox.

Bastards.

TenRabbits said:
Was watching that piece of shit programme 'airline' the other day, where Easyjet jobsworth motherfuckers happily destroy people's holidays etc for 'entertainment' purposes (although some of the passengers are horrendous too) and some canadian exchange student had brought a load of lobsters as a gift to the people he was staying with.

Cue the complete fucking bitch working in Easyjet to tell him "sorry - no live animals on our flights".

So the kid, who'd brought them on two flights already, looked devastated, but came up with a brilliant solution. Told the lady: "fine, I'll kill them now then" lifted them out of the box and was all set to bash them on the noggin on the check in desk, when she took the box away from him and said she'd contact the RSPCA??!?!

Naturally the lobsters disappeared into some Easyjet staff members lunchbox.

Bastards.

That episode must be 8 or 9 years old by now.

Amazing it's still in 'syndication'.

Lobster salad rocks.

jane said:

You really need to cook the pricks live for the best flavour. M&S sell the little wankers in prepacked form. I wouldn't be interested in that myself though.

'the f word'

Best fucking show on TV.

Lefty Frizzell said:
You really need to cook the pricks live for the best flavour. M&S sell the little wankers in prepacked form. I wouldn't be interested in that myself though.

Yeah, I'm not all that keen on doing the murdering myself, but it really is the only way to eat 'em. If you cook them when they're already dead, they're shit. Also, the tail doesn't curl up if they weren't cooked alive.

Yum yum. Lots of butter, please.

Has anyone ever had a surf n' turf ? now maybe there's other components and varieties of which I'm unaware , but when I had it , it was fifty quid and it was an huge steak and an entire lobster, on a plate. It was incredible, and disappointingly one of the only nice meals I've ever had to wave the white flag at before every morsel had been consumed.
Highly recommended.
Fullofmeatygoodness

Lobsters are amazing. The nicest food. I've never tried to cook the little bastards myself but have been meaning to. The restaurant above the Lord Ed does them. I haven't tried them there (afraid to ask the price - it says priced daily on the menu. Super restaurant, by the way, not as dear as you'd think if you go for the set menu.

Anyway, Gary Rhodes' new restaurant serves cod with Lobster champ. My girlfriend ordered it and it was delicious. They didn't skimp on the lobster either.

Don't go to Bistro in Castle Market. I had lobster there once and I saw it again waaaaaaay too soon for my liking.

THere's a place on Dame St (not the Lord Ed) that's meant to do spectacular lobster although I don't know which one it is. Fish in Monkstown has a nice big tank of them as you walk in the door too.

Gonna be very expensive though, €90 a pop is a lot of money for an overgrown bottom-feeder.

Are the little shits tricky too cook? I'm not overly squeemish and I think I'd be okay about throwing them in boiling water. Is it complicated after that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back