Living in Melbourne (1 Viewer)

When I was there we stayed in the Nunnery. It's near the city, but in a nice little area just outside. Kinda like ranelagh I guess. That said, I didn't love the hostel too much, but it might be different if you have a private room. Actually I'm pretty sure it would be different. Other than that there are a million backpackers and hostels in St Kilda. St Kilda is nice enough. It's got one or two good music clubs, but it's also home to 95% of backpackers, 80% of whom are Irish or British, it's also the area of town to go to for the beach, cakes, heroin and prostitutes. If you do go to St Kilda, make sure you check out the rest of the city too. St Kilda is grand, but the rest of Melbourne (Richmond, Smith street, the cbd, south melbourne,) are all much much better. Have fun wheels and if you need any other info let me know (although it's been a few years since I was there.)

Thanks Pat, looks like we have an apartment sorted for the first few months in... St Kilda. We've been house hunting around Richmond, Brunswick, most of the northside but we're not going to turn down the offer we've got, short term at least. Thanks for the tips, the Nunnery does seem to come up a lot when I've asked around alright.

well that was hopelessly optimistic of me. i got an email this morning saying my application is unlikely to be processed before the end of 2012. ffs, i'll be retired by then.

The convict offspring in the australian immigration office aren't up for giving out refunds to applicants who have been kept waiting for years on their stupid waiting lists. I really want my $2100, its probably worth way more € now than it was three years ago. Anyone got any sensible suggestions on how i might get turned down in the unlikely event that they do get around to me this year? Apparently they refund you if they reject your application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back