Living in Melbourne (1 Viewer)

it sounds quite grim at home alright, i dont like the sound of it, heh heh. my NZ visa expires in mid may. im not sure this rural living will suit me at all. i wasnt too impressed with NZ for most of my time here but now that its almost time to leave im liking it a bit more.

Have you already got the oz WHV? As long as you are over here, you are still on holiday. Remember that. Try and make it last.

I am going to fight tooth and nail, im not going home without gouging out someones eye for myself.

Have you already got the oz WHV? As long as you are over here, you are still on holiday. Remember that. Try and make it last.

I am going to fight tooth and nail, im not going home without gouging out someones eye for myself.

im not really sure what you mean about holidays. i never got the oz WHV as i was too old by the time i decided to go away somewhere to get the OZ and the NZ one so i went for NZ because i was sick to the teeth of people prattling on about their year in australia.

i went for NZ because i was sick to the teeth of people prattling on about their year in australia.

ha ha ha!

I was going to buy a house, but I was sick of people prattling on about living in their 'houses' so I moved into a cave instead. In your face houseowners!

Jrad may have already said this - i have him on ignore - but you'll get nothing in a city in oz at the moment. We flew into perth which is known as an easy place to get a job and there was absolutely on jobs, plus tonnes of backpackers who'd come from cairns / sydney / melbourne / darwin / brisbane because there's no jobs anywhere. At the moment you're left with fruit picking, resort work or, as We're doing, roadhouse work. Basically, if you want to live in a city, go back to ireland. If you're willing to live in the country and save in order to party and travel later, there's still loads of jobs and shitloads of money to be made.

Ha ha ha ha

Yah fucking MILLIONS of jobs
In australia, not ireland OBVIOUSLY. If you mean australia, there is millions of jobs out in the country. We're in a roadhouse about 200k north of perth and i've already been offered five or six different jobs here in the last week.

Tried to add but the server's not so hot with internet-on-phone - if you can get the visa thing, get it now. They're talking about changing it so only doctors and lawyers and the like can get the visa so as to stop an influx of foreign workers when the rest of the world goes tits up, so if you can get it, get it now. Also, they reckon the recession won't be as deep or long over here, they haven't even cut interest rates this month. Finally, there was a story in a newspaper last week about a deli in some perth suburb that advertised for a job there. They normally get four or five applications, they got 130 CVs and a load of phone calls.

Jrad may have already said this - i have him on ignore

1706274760_ba257282d3.jpg

Well there was an initial conflict of interests zehner, this was followed by me calling him a prick and de-repping for no reason, he then took all the easy digs at he could and then decided to ignor me.

PleaseForgiveMe230x150.gif

I still think you're sound JRAD!

HERE

I'm only after movin to Fitzroy.

Any of yous live here? What's with these people!?
I get the whole fashion thing. Tight jeans, funny haircuts, etc etc.Fair enough - everyone has their fashion.
But I keep seeing grown men and women cycling around with their hands hanging by their sides. It's like they're trying to be 'cool' in primary school.

WHAT ARE YOU 14 YEARS OLD!?

Oh, and I have figured out how to fit in in fitzroy - go to your local hair emporium, select a hairstyle, then have the barber apply said hairstyle to only half of your head.

I'm only after movin to Fitzroy.

Any of yous live here? What's with these people!?
I get the whole fashion thing. Tight jeans, funny haircuts, etc etc.Fair enough - everyone has their fashion.
But I keep seeing grown men and women cycling around with their hands hanging by their sides. It's like they're trying to be 'cool' in primary school.

WHAT ARE YOU 14 YEARS OLD!?

Oh, and I have figured out how to fit in in fitzroy - go to your local hair emporium, select a hairstyle, then have the barber apply said hairstyle to only half of your head.

It's fucking FULL of hipsters is Fitzroy. I stayed there for a while. Now I'm in Northcote. I sometimes busk at Piedemontes in North Fitz though. Full of emos so it is.

It's fucking FULL of hipsters is Fitzroy. I stayed there for a while. Now I'm in Northcote. I sometimes busk at Piedemontes in North Fitz though. Full of emos so it is.

Ah yeah northcote is nice. Lots of second hand + antique type shops there.

But, yeah, hipsters. The cycling with no hands thing - i'd love to know what is in their heads at the time. "I look awesome. NO FEAR BABY!" or is it some sort of ironic thing about. ..being cool in primary school .. or something. I don't understand

Northcote is totes mayzin! Breakfast Club on Georges Road has the best coffee in melbin. There's a gym where you can rock in any time to any class for 5 bucks. There's a greek shop where you can buy vegan feta. It's ALL happening here.

The cycling with no hands thing- a few of my mates do it and they're not hipsters. I've tried it a few times, and I do enjoy the challenge, and the sense of achievement when I don't snot myself. I feel like a complete wanker when I do it. I'd love if I could do it long enough to cross my arms. Cycling no-hands crossed-arms...that's the echelons of wankery right there. One can only dream.

Northcote is totes mayzin! Breakfast Club on Georges Road has the best coffee in melbin. There's a gym where you can rock in any time to any class for 5 bucks. There's a greek shop where you can buy vegan feta. It's ALL happening here.

The cycling with no hands thing- a few of my mates do it and they're not hipsters. I've tried it a few times, and I do enjoy the challenge, and the sense of achievement when I don't snot myself. I feel like a complete wanker when I do it. I'd love if I could do it long enough to cross my arms. Cycling no-hands crossed-arms...that's the echelons of wankery right there. One can only dream.

I had a delicious & cheap breakfast somewhere in northcote two weekends ago actually.

hmmm I SUPPOSE i can understand cycling with no hands from a personal balance and concentration challenge..maybe

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back