Lifeline hangover defence (1 Viewer)

Lefty Frizzell

I put this 'as seen on tv' product to the test last night. I saw it in boots yesterday and decided to try it out, it was 3 quid for two capsules. I had around ten pints, got to bed at 3 and rose at 8 this morning.

So does it work?

No.

I suppose it kinda helps...a bit...but we're into placebo territory.

Its essentially just a vitamin supplement. It contains a load of household name vitamins but most importantly vitamin B12. This alledgedly helps break down and absorb alcohol. So much so that these dicks decided to put 24 times the RDA into two capsules. But of course that was the last thing on my mind this morning as I was forced to listen to the whole of tsunami by the manic street preachers in kiphole o'briens whilst waiting for a poxy coffee.

So when you see that awful ad on tv, remember...its shite.

Anyone used it and found it helpful?

Ten pints and five hours' sleep? There might be a way to combat the after-effects of booze, but not ten pints and inadequate sleep. You're probably still somewhat dehydrated, so no amount of B-vitamins can fix ye. Drink plenty of water and try a few Berocca. I'm hooked on that shit. Also, pick up a shot of wheatgrass juice, if you can. If it's possible to take a power nap, that might help, too.

I've taken those Lifeline things before, but not for so heavy a night.

I tried the cure once

I drank a glass of vodka - the idea being that you prevent methanol conversion/uptake or some shite like that, that's in wine or darker beers

did it work?

did it fuck

I nearly died with the sickness

i never found them that helpful. trying to drink a good bit of water while your drinking and then the day after is the only thing that really helps in a preventative way. best hangover cure i've found is 30 mg of motilium and 200 mg of tramadol.

Ten pints and five hours' sleep? There might be a way to combat the after-effects of booze, but not ten pints and inadequate sleep. You're probably still somewhat dehydrated, so no amount of B-vitamins can fix ye. Drink plenty of water and try a few Berocca. I'm hooked on that shit. Also, pick up a shot of wheatgrass juice, if you can. If it's possible to take a power nap, that might help, too.

I've taken those Lifeline things before, but not for so heavy a night.

Yeah I've taken berocca a good few times before but I think its too late for that now. Plus I'm not in the mood to see luminous yellow/green coloured urine today.

So do you know where I can get wheatgrass juice? I'm on stephens green. I'd imagine its at least a fiver for a mouthful.

Code ninja once confessed to me that whenever hes hungover he gets one of those wanky smoothies but he's so embarassed to be seen with one that he hides it under his jacket, goes to a deserted back alley and knocks it back in one go.

I feel like doin that now.

Yeah I've taken berocca a good few times before but I think its too late for that now. Plus I'm not in the mood to see luminous yellow/green coloured urine today.

So do you know where I can get wheatgrass juice? I'm on stephens green. I'd imagine its at least a fiver for a mouthful.

Code ninja once confessed to me that whenever hes hungover he gets one of those wanky smoothies but he's so embarassed to be seen with one that he hides it under his jacket, goes to a deserted back alley and knocks it back in one go.

you rat.

Aw, poor Lefty. I'd bring ye one if I weren't working from home today. Nude on Suffolk St does wheatgrass juice, and I think you can get it from Cornucopia, too. Nourish does little bottles of it in the refrigerated section. A smoothie might do you some good, too, like.

Think the wheatgrass stuff'll be about two quid, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: What Squiggle said.

Green tea for the detox. Bananas and yoghurt for the digestive system. Spirulina (waaay more powerful than wheatgrass) for vitamin boost.

Aw, poor Lefty. I'd bring ye one if I weren't working from home today. Nude on Suffolk St does wheatgrass juice, and I think you can get it from Cornucopia, too. Nourish does little bottles of it in the refrigerated section. A smoothie might do you some good, too, like.

Think the wheatgrass stuff'll be about two quid, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: What Squiggle said.

Wheatgrass it is then, gonna grab some now.

I really should just stop moaning about hangovers and slack off in work for the rest of the day. I imagine I'll have a few pints after work which will iron out the creases. Anyones welcome to join me and listen to my huge repertoire of anne frank jokes.

Now, anyone know a good cure for a jimmy cake gig?

Oh and meant to say - Nux Vom is a good preventative measure - 5 wee tablets before bed and the hangover isn't as bad.

Wheatgrass it is then, gonna grab some now.

I really should just stop moaning about hangovers and slack off in work for the rest of the day. I imagine I'll have a few pints after work which will iron out the creases. Anyones welcome to join me and listen to my huge repertoire of anne frank jokes.

Now, anyone know a good cure for a jimmy cake gig?

Anne Frank jokes? Like, "What's orange and hides in the attic?"?

Green tea, wheatgrass, and, as Catwoman suggested, spirulina. The fresher you can get your vitamins, though, the better they will be absorbed by your system. Pumping yourself full of B-vitamins and detox stuff will only bring you so far -- what you need is a good night's sleep.

I'm also prescribing total abstinence from all meaningful work. If your boss complains, just show him this thread. It has legal weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back