lets start a war - fuckin taxi drivers (1 Viewer)

Spudmonkey999

Since 2000
so neway as someone was complaining there was nothin of interest on this site nemore,i'll start a war.

i am ell pissed off at this taxi driver business, the main reason for this is because i feel that the only people they are affecting by their action is normal everyday people, who's fault this is not.

the reason i am pisse doff wiht them is because, at the moment im working for the irish wheel chair association and last wednesday we were to have a 30 bus protest right through dublin city cnetre, yeah we managed to get through o connell bridge etc. But the vtual aim of the protest was to go past the governemnt buildings and the fuckin taxi drivers refused to let us by. Now if u ask me that is a lot of fuckin shit, we all know people who are or have been disabled at one point in out lives and im sure the taxi drivers know thse people too, all the protest wanted was extra funing in the upcoming budget.

The taxi drivers fucked these people over, many of the clients were pretty darn upset, beacsue for people who constantly feel very unrepresented, for once trhey were getting representtation but the fuckin taxi drivers blocked us.

well i say fuck em. that outta get the topic flowing. please dont fuckin kill me

i've had the misfortune of working for my dole for the irish wheelchair association......
the only disabled people i met there are the ones who don't need a wheelchair.....
buncha cunts....
and taxi drivers with their fucking cartel and five pounds for half a mile?????
bigger buncha cunts.......
and the fucking teachers who expelled, suspended, put on report, disencouraged, bored, miseduacted the people who today make up the wonderful celtic tiger that they are so envious of?????
sad buncha cunts......
if it's war you want then it's war you get......

Lets not for get the Train drivers and signal operators who enjoying fucking with everyones heads on a regular basiis.
So lets see.....thats education, and 2 major forms of public transport.
I'snt anybody in lienster house embaressed???
Anybody 'in power' feel like there not doing there job properly?, feel like they'd be better off if they resigned??
I doubt it......

BUT!! what suprises me is (generally) how willing the irish public is to be fucked over on a regular basis by striking groups trying to get the attention of a goverment who don't give a fuck. I'm all for protest and striking but its not working, If the public are willing not to be outraged by this thursdays halt of all train services outside the DART area (which is fucking appaling for the 3rd week in a row) then as far as the Government pappear to be concerned its no more a problem then a couple of guys on the dos....And as for this summers strike by an un-offical train drivers union (who had had their case thrown out of court already when a safety report the unoffical union commiosoned and paid for, found them to no legal leg to stand on) brought the country to its knees and caused people to lose their jobs!!!!!! nice one boys workers unite.......my arse!!!

You're all a bunch of rich-kid w*nkers!

>outraged by this thursdays halt of all train
services outside the DART area <

Oh no! Pantone247 won't be able to go home on the 'Dort' today!

>...And as for this summers strike by an un-offical train drivers union <

Who are you to say which unions of workers are "unofficial"? SIPTU is no good. Des Geraghty on £60 000-a-year? Sell outs. How would you like to work 18-hours on end? Is that even safe? NO!

>They's just a bunch of ignorant assholes anyway<

I guess you know better? Dick!

1. I don't get the DART home.
And the DART Is running on thursday, every service is not (make of that what you will).

2. The train drivers who striked this summer (less than 100) tore away from the TWO unions that represented them when the unions accepted Irish Rails new schedule. The 'renegade' drivers went through the channels accepted by everybody else to challenge this, they los there case. The new union used its members hard earned money to get consultants from England to report on the new system. The report agreed with Irish Rail that the new system was safer. These driver (in a move I felt was like spoilt children who don't get their own way) went on strike. Because of this their colleauges, voluntarily, worked longer hours to provide some sort of service, unfortunatly a chemical company in Kildare (I think, I am open to correction) could'nt recieve goods and had to close down for what thankfully was only a sort space of time. The 'renegade drivers would'nt even apologise to the workers of that factory. I was personally affected in so far as I had to wait 2 - 3 hours most evenings for a train. I agree with strike and protest, but every hot head who gets a bee in his bonnet should not be able to cause major grief like that again.

3. If you work an 18 hour day you are an idiot. Thankfully we live in a time where there are no shortage of jobs (thank god) and no shortage of training if you decide to take it. Even the state will support you if you go back to college from the dole, as two mates of mine did. (I am not going to comment about people without work permits, as I would not insult anyone by pretending that I fully understand the situation, I don't.) I have worked over 12 hours in a day of my own free will, and I would'nt advise it to anybody.

4.I am not rich, and I am not a kid

I thank you
please foward spelling mistakes to the usual address :)

while i understand thier needs to strike, nobody can deny that these taxi drivers are acting like complete bastards to everybody. First they block up the airport for no reason, then they ruin that protest.
Selfish Fuckers
Don't get me started on bus drivers mind, I'm still pissed off with them for that strike last year

Can anyone explain to me why taxi drivers are in unions?

They're all self employed, aren't they? I know some of them rent plates, but they're not actually employed by the plate owners and still work for themselves....

Are there any other self-employed people in unions?

I would have thought that an umbrella / lobby / pressure group like ISME or RGDATA would be more appropriate than a union.

suire that got the issue goin, but c'mon philthy animal its just pathetic callin ne1 who doesnt agree with what the taxi drivers "rich kid wankers". I fuckin would love to be a "rich kid wanker" but thats not the way it is. So philthy animal if you won the lotto tomorrow would u give it away so u wouldnt be a "rich kid wanker", i thought as much.

Im proud to be working class, but like the majority of working class people i would like to be able to have more money, who wouldnt for fucks sake. And if us who complainwere cih kid wankers would we not have cars to fuckin drive train strikes and bus strikes wouldnt matter to us would they.

Look i am in favour of strikes, but the taxi drivers is the one that i just acnt agree with, working 18 hour days (thats because they are greedy fuckers, not cause they will be whipped if they don't). As Moira Hannon pointed out in the star today (very well) who said that many hard working people have lost their businesss when the marketplace changed, i.e. bakeries.

Finally philthy animal i am all fro strike action, but what u must understand is that the taxi drivers are at the better off end of the scale. My da works 13 hours a day because he fuckin has too, he cant join a union cause he would be sacked, as plenty have b4, i know of people who tried to join a union while in green sile factory and they were all sacked under mysterious circumstances. Look my point is that philthy animal there is worse off people than these fuckin taxi drivers.

No-one fuckin forced them to buy a taxi plate!! and taxi plates wouldnt be that dear if the taxi market wasnt so fuckin profitable arggghhhh fuck em.

What the fuck are you all talking about? The strikers are people who have been denied any say in decisions which profoundly affect the quality of their lives. The taxi drivers are actually losing significant assets - 60 or 70 THOUSAND POUNDS down the tubes - because the government is not good enough at governing to sort out a proper solution.

I have no sympathy for anyone who owns a taxi plate without driving a taxi but jesus christ folks put yourselves in these peoples' shoes for a minute. You could be next - nobody in Ireland has any real input into most policy decisions that affect them. If the government or your employer or your landlord fucks you over in some way what are YOU going to do?

Hey and Spudmonkey
As Moira Hannon pointed out in the star today (very well) who said that many hard working people have lost their businesss when the marketplace changed, i.e. bakeries.

Ehh Spud ... bakers lost their businesses therefore taxi drivers should accept that the same's going to happen to them? Sounds like bollocks to me. The taxi market is being changed by direct government intervention, not inexorable forces of nature

The fact that you or I can now go and buy a plate (well I can't cos I can't drive) has NO impact on their ability to go out and drive their taxi, irrespective of how much they paid for their plate in the first place.

Taxi drivers made a business decision when they decided to invest £50,000 to £90,000 in their plates - plates which were sold on to them at these inflated prices by OTHER taxi drivers. The market (ie the greed of taxi drivers) set the resale value of plates, and nobody ever held a gun to anyones head and FORCED them to pay up.

Now they're crying foul because these plates are worthless as investments - so what? PLENTY of people get stung losing money on investments - are they all entitled to government compensation? Markets change because of direct or indirect Government intervention all they time. Are all the Eircom shareholders going to be able to claim their initial investment back, citing the government as the reason they paid so much for their shares in the first place?

In any event, what about the tax relief being offered to the Taxi drivers by way of compensation? Can anybody figure out WHY they aren't keen on it? Could it be that it's because you have to be PAYING tax before you can get relief on it? Hmmm?

There's a lot of guff coming from the Taxi representatives over all the poor unfortunates who depend on the rental income from their plate (which, incidentally, accounts for the owners of about 70 or 80 out of the thousands of plates in Dublin). But as someone said on questions & answers the other night, taxi plates were made available as a public service - not as investments, not as retirement policies and not as a source of income for widows.

Maybe my own opinion of Taxi drivers has been soured by bad experiences with them-

- If they all use the same metering system, how can it be that if I get a taxi from the city centre to my house (ie a FIXED journey) at 2am (ie NO traffic to speak of) on different nights, it can cost me anywhere between £13 - £18 each time? Shouldn't it always be the same fare?

- Why do they ALWAYS insist on trying to charge me the standard £25 Clonee (Co. Meath) fare when I live in Dublin 15? Why won't ANY of them listen to reason when you SHOW them that at no point on the journey do you leave the Dublin taximeter area?

etc etc etc

I think we'd all have to agree that last nights scuffle outside Lienster house (Today FM - 'Drivers bulldozed police barriers'...One of the tabloids claims children were 'crushed' in the protest) shows that Taxi Drivers have abused thier right to strike and protest in a very bullish manner.
Anyway surely de-regulation of the taxi service means all the people paying crazy rent for plates can set up by themselves....money straight into their pocket......right??? Competition can only be good, taxis are expensive and have now become selective about who they pick up (one driver told me he'd never pick up more than 2 lads at a time cause their always 'messers', also he expressed a preference for picking up groups of girls rather than guys!!! Also for comedy value ask a taxi driver to take you furhter than Swords on a saturday night, then laugh at how he telss you to get lost, or laugh again when he asks you for over £30 on reaching your destenation 30 mins later...ho ho ho!!! And as for the tax relief matter....he he he he!!!!

And Pete I'm afraid that the taxi fares to any fixed destenation (even at the same time/day) can vary wildly, It depends on many factors, none which are time, distance or traffic at that time, its a secret taxi driver thing......apparantly.

those taxi drivers can ask me left one.

if i bought a kebab shop i wouldn't expect to be re-inbursed by the government if somebody opened a kebab shop down the road from me a couple of years later.....i mean, jaysus fucking H on a yamaha scooter......

http://www.independent.ie/2000/333/d01c.shtml

.............heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh ....
I know just what to say to get you guys all riled up! Just like the old days..

Yeah, I guess the Taxi drivers are kinda greedy. But the politicians are shameless the way they're prepared to pay the bus/train drivers so little, and yet allocate themselve 20% pay rises "for a job well done".
THEY don't have a leg to stand on.

but you know what the real tragedy is.....once this taxi mess gets sorted either way, for yeeaarrrsss afterwards every taxi driver in dublin will be burning the ears off you with his own personal experiences form the stroike of 2000. 'Ya know, I'm not a violent man, but if some coppers going to blocks me car...I'll go thru him, you know!! no fuooking about straight thru,.......are you into the soccer at all???'

This is going to a nightmare!!!!

According to someone on Morning Ireland this morning, 'every economist knows' that if you limit the number of taxi plates without banning transfer of the plates, then they'll acquire a street value. The powers-that-be surely had the brains to know this would happen (indeed many of them benefitted from it) when they introduced controls on plates in 1978. They knowingly created a market for the plates and now they're destroying it, causing some people to lose out big time. Is this right and proper? Is this how a government should behave?
To deflect criticism they've succeeded in convincing everyone that the only options are total deregulation (with/without compensation), or the shit service we've had to put up with so far. It's not true folks. There's a zillion options in between - surely they could come up with one that'll give the citizens the service they need without messing with taxi drivers lives? It's the government's fucking job after all.

pete (29-11-2000 01:18 p.m.):
PLENTY of people get stung losing money on investments - are they all entitled to government compensation? Markets change because of direct or indirect Government intervention all they time. Are all the Eircom shareholders going to be able to claim their initial investment back, citing the government as the reason they paid so much for their shares in the first place?

Pete, the government behaved very fucking badly in this situation too - basically they swindled people out of a lot of money. Maybe if they had to pay it back they'd behave better in future? Maybe the compensation should come out of the ministers' salaries?

We are constantly being fucked over by government and businesses and landlords, and most of us just put up with it. The market changes. Who benefits? Who loses out? I'm inconvenienced by the strikes just as much as everyone else - but fuck it what's the alternative? Just accepting everything that's foisted on us by those-who-know-better?

In any event, what about the tax relief being offered to the Taxi drivers by way of compensation? Can anybody figure out WHY they aren't keen on it? Could it be that it's because you have to be PAYING tax before you can get relief on it? Hmmm?

Ok ok you're making a good point here. The government should be making a lot more of this

I just don't see how anyone has been swindled by the Government - I don't think the Government ever sold a plate for £90,000, did they? (By all accounts, many individual TD's did, but that's another story)

So the paper value of their plate is now practically wiped out - so what? You made a business decision, you made an investment, you lost out. Boo fucking hoo. (And anyone who was stupid/greedy enough to have bought a plate in the last couple of years, when EVERYONE knew it was just a matter of time before deregulation happened deserves everything they get.)

I have yet to hear ANY taxi driver explain how this reduction in paper value affects his/her ability to use said plate to earn a living. It's not stopping them from driving the taxi, is it?

As far as I can see they've had it their own way for too long and now they're just afraid of competition.

I've heard taxi drivers argue that the only time there's a shortage is weekends or rush hour, and that they can be "sitting at ranks for ages during the day", so how can people say there's not enough taxi's? Try working when the demand exists, not when SUITS you......

In this case the only people that change was foisted upon was the taxi drivers themselves - they were the ones who resisted compromise at every step.

Jaysus Pete. If the property market crashed tomorrow would all of us who are renting say to you (a house owner, I believe) 'You made an investment decision and you lost out - boo fucking hoo'? If the paper value of your house dropped dramatically because of some government policy shift, wouldn't you feel aggrieved (even though your ability to pay your mortgage wouldn't be affected, cos that depends on your income)? Wouldn't you feel that maybe people like yourself who were all of a sudden paying way over the odds for their accommodation (as opposed to landlords and speculators, who could go fuck themselves) should be helped out in some way by those who were ultimately responsible for the situation?

Everyone knows loads of these guys are cunts who've got rich off the whole taxi plate thing (same as property sharks) ... but I've no doubt there's plenty of people who don't have very high standards of living who are going to find themselves worse off on account of deregulation (people who are paying off loans they got to buy plates, for instance, who find harder to get fares because there's more taxis around). I see no reason why our illustrious leaders can't figure out some way to make sure that these people have a soft landing - the tax thing is a good start (and a very clever little idea), but you've gotta be earning a certain amount of money over a certain amount of time for this to mean anything to you.

Of course it's the guys who got rich off the taxi plate thing who are most vocal in this whole furore, so I can't see that we're going to arrive at a reasonable solution any time soon

(By the way I meant Eircom investors were swindled, not taxi drivers)

i don't get this compo lark at all....
taxis were told 3 years ago that this was gonna happen...
if you get your cab working 24 hours 7 days a week with dublin fares the way they are you WILL have that plate paid off in 1-3 years.....which taxi drivers have told me on many occasion in the past....
so this poor mouth bullshit doesn't wash...
and the tax break is all they should be entitled to.....
anyways back to teachers....i fuckin hate them.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back