Let's get this over with, Albums of the Year 2018, definitive and comprehensive lists. (1 Viewer)

My "Smart Playlist" for 2018 only has a few items in it though I haven't been ripping as much as before. But then, it's all good stuff.
Ghost, Stoat, Sloan, They Might Be Giants, Twenty One Pilots, Kinski, The Middle Ages, The Lost Brothers.

2018 Albums that I can remember buying in no order

Superchunk - What A Time To Be Alive
Yo La Tengo - There's a Riot Going On
Stoat - Try Not To Think About It
Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks - Sparkle Hard
Spook of the 13th Lock - Lockout

Wasn't the Spook out in 2017?

I refer interested readers to my previous posts in the "Recent purchases" and "2018 releases worth a listen" threads. Thank you for your cooperation.

I refer interested readers to my previous posts in the "Recent purchases" and "2018 releases worth a listen" threads. Thank you for your cooperation.

I consider your purchases to be a mark of high quality, been turned onto loads of great stuff via what you've posted on that thread, so cheers.

I liked the Anna Burch, Shy Boys, Jeff Rosenstock, Pig Destroyer and Fucked Up albums. I actually think the Fucked Up album might end up becoming my favourite. There's a lot of really good stuff hidden on it.

I ended up finding out about loads of old music I'd never heard before this year like Neu. They're deadly.

I liked the Anna Burch, Shy Boys, Jeff Rosenstock, Pig Destroyer and Fucked Up albums. I actually think the Fucked Up album might end up becoming my favourite. There's a lot of really good stuff hidden on it.

I ended up finding out about loads of old music I'd never heard before this year like Neu. They're deadly.
Fucked Up are a band where I've always liked a song or two but have found their albums patchy. Must check out the new one.

The Quietus always have an interesting list. Good for finding under the radar stuff.

I've bought a few 2018 albums. I've liked them all to one degree or another. I wouldn't say any of them have blown me away or anything. Yet to pick a favorite. I've been a bit distracted this year. I haven't given them much of a listen.

Jack White - boarding house reach
Beach House - 7
Ezra Furman - Transangelic angel
MGMT - little dark age
Cavern of antimatter - hormone lemonade
Arctic Monkeys - tranquility base....
Melody's Echo Chamber - Bon voyage
Prefuse 73 - Sacrifices
Vinyl Williams - Opal
Arp - Zebra
The Lemon Twigs - Go to school
Maston - Darkland

I forgot to add the Suede album, the blue hour....which i've also barely listened to.

That list reminded me of the Rolo Tomassi album that came out earlier this year which was great. And also The Armed, which was pretty good, they're playing over here in February I think.

2 more albums that I really liked this were the Pianos Become the Teeth one (check out the song Charisma) and the Foxing album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back