Lesser known albums/acts from the 70s that are worth checking out

Thread starter #1

dunderhead

Supporter
all in the thread title.

Have a real soft spot for the 70s. whether it's rock and all the strands that go with that. Folk, electronic, funk/soul etc. For my ears the 70s were the most fruitful. Here's a thread to maybe highlight some gems that might not be that well known from that era.

Mentioned this album in another thread recently, Ame Debout by Catherine Ribeiro + Alpes. Listened again this morning, so bloody good. her voice is absolutely amazing. French album from 71. ticks the folk/prog boxes.

shitepipe

Website
www.mixcloud.com
all in the thread title.

Have a real soft spot for the 70s. whether it's rock and all the strands that go with that. Folk, electronic, funk/soul etc. For my ears the 70s were the most fruitful. Here's a thread to maybe highlight some gems that might not be that well known from that era.

Mentioned this album in another thread recently, Ame Debout by Catherine Ribeiro + Alpes. Listened again this morning, so bloody good. her voice is absolutely amazing. French album from 71. ticks the folk/prog boxes.

LOVE Catherine Ribeiro + Alpes - also check out Paix from 1972 (Julian Cope does has a great article on it here: The Book of Seth: Catherine Ribeiro+Alpes — Paix)

hermie

Website
Visit site
Got complemented on my Anne Briggs t-shirt out in town the other night so probably she's better known than I realise but this is easily one of my favourite albums from the 70s

travispickle

Supporter
Great thread idea!
This is an album that I love, not that rare or hard to find but bloody good.
If you like a Richard/Linda Thompson vibe, this ticks those boxes.
tenderhooks_gumbocd019.jpg

Thread starter #9

dunderhead

Supporter
Some great additions to the thread there folks. Have lined them up on a spotify list. Have the finders keepers emerald web comp, really great stuff.

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Great idea for a thread!My favourite decade

Ive lately been super digging these guys only album.. sounds class on cans

Lili Marlene

Sleeperbloke
Supporter
Contributor
the 4th Chairmen of the Board album, which really bears no relation to any of their hits

the entire thing includes half of the P-Funk crew but most importantly Eddie Hazel and Bernie Worrell doing some great guitar and keyboard freaking out

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... if we have any.

Upgrade now

Buy me a coffeeBuy me a coffee

Latest posts

Latest threads