LEFTOVER CRACK - Last ever tour (1 Viewer)

In 1990, at Humanities high-school, in N.Y.C., Alec Shaheed Mohamed, a young politically active black youth, happened to have some of the same classes with a boy they now call the Stza (pronounced Stizza). They shared not only a love for punk & ska music, but also an intense hatred of white people and their pathetic milk-drinking, Gap-wearing, R.E.M.-listening, 90210 watching culture. Alec played bass & the Stza played guitar and sang, so they decided to join-up and play some music together. Eventually they got a drummer & another singer and started the punk/ska band No Commercial Value. After a couple of years of only playing at ABC-No-Rio and C-squat several times, Alec ditched out to start the 3rd wave ska crowd-pleasers Agent 99 with ex-Slacker Dunia Best, Jay Nugent (now in Stubborn All-Stars) and the wickedest ska drummer since Jar-Jar Binks, Ara Babajian.

In the mean-time, with-out a bassist, the Stza, known as Sturgeon at the time, enlisted Sascha Dubrul, a friend of N.C.V.s drummer. Of course the next logical step was to kick said drummer out of the band as the additional singer left for the west-coast. Sea monkey drummer and local Taco purveyor John Dolan was enlisted and the name Choking Victim was taken from the health department sign that loomed menacingly over John at his job, taunting him (day in and day out, etc.). Three-months and two shows later, John literally hands his drum-sticks to a guy named Skwert during a C.V. practice in Popeyes room at C-squat. A year later, and Sascha quits the group after recording the Crack Rock Steady e.p. & demo.

At roughly the same time, the Biggest-boy fuck-up big-time & Agent 99 breaks-up as a result. So being unloved, dirty, despicable squatters, C.V. take Alec under their filthy wing to record and release the "Squatters Paradise" 7". After that, Alec is kicked out and brought on is dellow C-squatter Pezent Shayne, who's just learning bass, so after a couple of mediocre shows Shayne is re-placed with Alec, who once again shows C.V. that his attentions are not with the band, but in the gutter (literally). He is replaced with the down, but not out, Shayne, whom has become a much more finely tuned and practiced bass machine.

Soon the song "Infested" from the "Squatta's paradise" 7" is contributed to the first "Give'em the boot" comp., and after an overwhelming public response to the track, Tim & Brett offer C.V. a spot on the Hell-Cat roster. With no other offers on the horizon, and being broke-ass homeless/squatting panhandling bums, C.V. realized that this would probably be the only opportunity to ever make a full length record.

So after several years of pain-staking negotiations a three-record deal is hammered out, including a luxurious suite at the Olive motel and the choice to not put a u.p.c. code on their record, at this point Ezra is abroad as a second guitar player. And finally after years of anticipation, thousands of practices & hundreds of shows, on the first day of recording Choking Victim break-up, but not before laying down all the tracks that would become the break-through, smash hit "No Gods/No Managers".

The singer, guitar player & song-writer of C.V. also known as the Stza went on a nation-wide search for a new rhythm section, and after recording a 7"/demo entitled "Rock the 40oz." For Bankshot! Records with members of F-Minus, Blindsided, the original drummer from Suicidal Tendencies plus a resurrected & rejuvenated Alec Shaheed Mohamed, Leftover Crack was in full effect. Soon they contributed the track "Crack City Rockers" to the "Give'em the boot II" compilation. Once again the public demanded more, so once again Tim & Brett dug through their pockets and pooled together whatever balled-up cash and spare-change they could find and offered the good Leftover Crizack the opportunity to join the Hell-Cat family.

They agreed to the harsh terms and accepted the second chance at infamy and global-domination. In April of the year two-thousand, the Stza solidified the Leftover Crack line-up with Alec Shaheed Mohamed on Bass and Ara from Agent 99 on drums. In May they started recording their first full-length record for Hell-Cat and the rest is soon to be history, bitch.

long live the next project The Star Fucking Hipsters,
btw this wont be the last you'll hear from LOC as they'll do some random gigs over the next few years, actually Choking Victim did a gig there just at the weekend in new york, oh how i hate the fact that i cant drive there !!!

i hope theres a SERIOUS attitude adjustment at tomorrow compaired to the last show!!...im going to see roosky!! viva le roosky....,

i hope theres a SERIOUS attitude adjustment at tomorrow compaired to the last show!!...im going to see roosky!! viva le roosky....,

I reckon there will be, the dublin dates at the start of their tour this year, last year it was at the end. Ezra will be with em this year aswell, his absence was the main problem last year.

can't fuckin WAIT for tomorrow night!
it's the first date of the tour, so there will be a ton o stuff to buy on the merch table. better bring the thousands!

i know last year in blackpool they had tonnes of stuff it was great i bought a good lot then up in dublin nothing !!! ive an interview with Scotty tomorrow

its before the gig like last time got a nice 20 min interview with him last year for me zine, this is for someone elses zine,

i hope they're both theyre too mainly brad, ezra pisses me off i blame him for Deadline

ezra pisses me off i blame him for Deadline

Ezras a legend; Deadline is all of their fault they know the band has had its day, that why this is their last ever tour they're gonna play all their stompin tunes one last time then quit! its what needs to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back