Lebanon (1 Viewer)

riath

Supporter
Threads
My hotel was right by there and I walked up and down that street a dozen times. I don’t remember a fireworks factory being there but maybe things have changed.

seanc

Threads
I dunno what a "like" on Thumped will do for you, but there you are.

chris d

Supporter
Threads
it is shocking to see the force so clearly.

how many bombs are their in the world today? fuck sakes.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
Someone on one of those twitter threads said they did the sums and that much ammonium nitrate was about the same as a 1.1 kiloton nuclear bomb. Which is about 1/15th the size of the bomb dropped on Nagasaki. And about 1/1200th the size of this: B83 nuclear bomb - Wikipedia

magicbastarder

Threads
Website
stroma.org
According to a survey conducted in 2000, by the United Kingdom Maritime and Coastguard Agency,[5] the wreck still held munitions containing approximately 1,400 tonnes (1,500 short tons) of TNT high explosive.[5] These comprise the following items of ordnance:

seanc

Threads
According to a survey conducted in 2000, by the United Kingdom Maritime and Coastguard Agency,[5] the wreck still held munitions containing approximately 1,400 tonnes (1,500 short tons) of TNT high explosive.[5] These comprise the following items of ordnance:

We're all very aware of that over here. It's taken as a given that it'll go off one day, and that'll be the end of Gillingham FC.

It's like living in Naples but with worse food.

magicbastarder

Threads
Website
stroma.org
We're all very aware of that over here. It's taken as a given that it'll go off one day, and that'll be the end of Gillingham FC.

It's like living in Naples but with worse food.
i think that list does the issue a disservice too. you hear occasional stories like 'an unexploded thousand pound bomb has been found during clearance works for a car park in bremen and the surrounding area to 1km radius has been cleared'.

there are over *four thousand* of them on that ship.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Happy Birthday
    Mars in Virgo
    Sneaks
    Happy Birthday

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads