learning an instrument (1 Viewer)

this is a level below what i suspect you're used to. probably bought in smyth's. was tuned too high for normal tuning, so i tuned the low e down to where it should have been (i accept that normal tuning may not be the way to go), and by the time i'd tuned the next string down to A, it had thrown the low E too high - changing the tension on one string was having an effect on the tuning on all the others, so i suspect the neck was flexing.
Ahh..I thought it was an epiphone your nephews had.

That smyths yoke looks a bit suspect alright

That gear4music one would do the job!
cheers, have passed the message on to my mother about what the plan is - i'm not 100% sure my sister is about the kids learning guitar (or whether it was just a whim on their part), but they're not going to have any opportunity with making any sort of proper noise with the one they have.

What is the issue with C Major? It's the most versatile of chords with built-in bass notes and open strings to hammer on and pull off. Is it a difficult shape for beginners? I can't remember having any particular difficulty with it, but it was a long time ago.

Usually it's the weighting on the little finger on the A string if you are using the 4 finger voicing of it. The natural thing to do is to place the fingers in order which tends mean your thumb anchoring is biased to hold the first two fingers.

The fix is to get the thumb in place to give maximum purchase for the weaker fingers till your muscles get built up.

Is it a difficult shape for beginners? I can't remember having any particular difficulty with it, but it was a long time ago.
i find it is; i can form E, D, A major etc. with no issue, but i still find myself forming the C finger by finger, i can't (yet) just clamp my fingers down on it through muscle memory.

i find it is; i can form E, D, A major etc. with no issue, but i still find myself forming the C finger by finger, i can't (yet) just clamp my fingers down on it through muscle memory.
I see. Keep at it though, it will get easier, and before you know it it will be automatic. As Ann says, the thumb position is important and the angle of your wrist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back