Learning a foreign language (1 Viewer)

the-100-most-spoken-languages.jpg

I did french for one year in secondary school, felt ridiculous putting on the accent, dropped it for something else.

You can feel good about learning on this yoke
Then someone speaks to you in the actual language for real and you're a bumbling idiot

Everyone has a plan til they're punched in the face

You can feel good about learning on this yoke
Then someone speaks to you in the actual language for real and you're a bumbling idiot

Everyone has a plan til they're punched in the face
you can't really learn a language on it, in isolation. Its decent, and definitely better than nothing, but I was using it to learn Spanish before I started taking Spanish classes. At that point things started making a whole lot more sense. You don't really have context around certain tenses, etc, if you don't have someone to ask questions of but, doing it while also covering a particular topic in a class, its an amazing resource.

My Persian teacher says I've gotten much better all of a sudden and I think it's because I've been using Glossika, but I didn't tell him I'm using it. Its just repetitions of sentences and it's expensive unless you wait for black Friday.
Is the pricing structure like DuoLingo?

i.e. quote you a monthly rate but charge you for a year?

I'm using Mondly to learn Latvian (in conjunction with Skype classes). Mondly is absolute utter bollox. Its terrible, but resources are so scarce for such an obscure language, that I'll take it over nothing.

Mondly is 45 lids for the year. I subscribed to Duolingo for the first time this year in a black friday sale. Was about 50 lids, but I think its well worth it. I'd pay 10 euro an hour for proper classes.

Is the pricing structure like DuoLingo?

i.e. quote you a monthly rate but charge you for a year?
I couldn't remember so I checked - $30.99 p/m if you pay monthly, $24.99 per month if you pay annually. I got the black friday deal, not so expensive after all i suppose, sorry glossika. I think you can try a month for free

ember so I checked - $30.99 p/m if you pay monthly, $24.99 per month if you pay annually. I got the black friday deal, not so expensive after all i suppose, sorry glossika. I think you can try a month for free
Thanks, Denny

Gonna apply for a few credit cards, stretch this shit out

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back