Learn guitaring offa the Youtube-Its a GOLDMINE! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 77
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 3

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
I was taking a look for some tutorials..as you do...came across this which I think might be of interest to others.
The exercises in the first half hour alone are worth the price of admission.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah, I've learned some scales and stuff offa the tube. S'good.

yeah, so many good videos. I find it's best to start with the 'bad' players as it's much easier to figure out what to do

Here lads dont be shy..if you's have any links to good stuff lash it up..I'm on a learning rampage..need some new moves.|..|

lickbyneck is great...and you can download the thing for free too. You can slow it down if you need too..very handy

e.g.

I used to play tapes, press pause, work out the notes, write out two notes the tabs (which I drew myself), press rewind a zillion times. Play again. Write two more notes down. It would take hours and hours just to write down the solo from Paranoid or something. I'm sure there was a point to all that....

That's pretty much how I approach it --a happy major scale and sad minor one

A bit limiting I'll admit

i was in a shop once that had a book about guitar. it had not one chord diagram, scale or anything but had chapters about balance, concentration and stuff. i read about half it on the spot, it was amazing. i base loads of my lessons on it. i cant remember the name of the book and have seen little else in guitar literature or videos that looked at playing that way.

i was in a shop once that had a book about guitar. it had not one chord diagram, scale or anything but had chapters about balance, concentration and stuff. i read about half it on the spot, it was amazing. i base loads of my lessons on it. i cant remember the name of the book and have seen little else in guitar literature or videos that looked at playing that way.

hmmm

I would have gotten about as far as "mi" on that and started to get lost.
I always get confused when people talk about how easy scales are,and then they play them and it either sounds really uninteresting,or,they somehow manage to then make them sound really complicated.

That's not really a moan,as like I said,I've never really tried.

related

Scales.Everything is scales.They rule.

scales, relative scales, modes...I should take time to learn this stuff some day. I once had a very stoned conversation about this stuff with a heavy metal guitarist in Philadelphia where I thought I knew what he was talking about

Turned out I didn't though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back