Deaglan

Website
www.goodluckski.com
LCD SOUNDSYSTEM (live)

+ Johnny Moy

+ Jon Averill (Backlash)

Redbox, Harcourt St, Dublin 2. Ph: 01 478 0225

Monday 23rd Aug. Doors 8pm

Tickets €20 from Sound Cellar, ROAD, City Discs, Big Brother, All City, Freebird. Door Admission €20. Tickets also available from Ticketmaster subject to €2.50 booking fee and €2 handling charge.

This Monday week 23rd August sees a debut Irish appearance for the hottest property in the world of dance music world today – New York electro-rockers LCD SOUNDSYSTEM who will be bringing their 5 piece live show to Dublin’s Redbox venue as part of their first ever European tour. Instruments used will include various keyboards, guitars, drums and bass as well as an array of other electronic gadgetary.

LCD Soundsystem are led James Murphy one half of production duo THE DFA – who are increasuingly hot demand partly for their hugely influential input into last music successful rock dance crossover album - The Rapture’s debut Echoes – prompting one reviewer to comment ‘The DFA are to The Rapture’s album and sound what Andrew Weatherall was to Screamadelica’. Other production work last year included Radio 4, Playgroup and !!!

They have released just three singles to date (all of which have been dancefloor cult hits) so this show will be an chance to get a preview of their eagerly anticipated debut album due this Autumn.

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM

SUMMER TOUR 2004

One half of the highly respected New York producer duo/label DFA James Murphy, returns with his massively acclaimed LCD Soundsysten for a series of exclusive UK, European solo and festival shows over the coming summer months. This will give fans, who missed their recent sell-out UK shows and appearance at All Tomorrow’s Parties.

LCD Soundsystem have released three singles via DFA/Output; ‘Losing My Edge’, ‘Give It Up’ and ‘Yeah’- All of which were named Single Of The Week by NME, alongside massive media and club support. This tour will see them playing tracks from their forthcoming debut album, due for release later this year.

Expect surprises, synths and unique contemporary punk fucking rock…

Dates as follows:

Fri 6-Aug-04 Ibiza Manumission 10 th Birthday Spain

Sun 8-Aug-04 Benicassim Benicassim Festival Spain

Mon 9-Aug-04 Benicassim (DJ) Benicassim Festival / Aftershow Spain

Fri 13-Aug-04 Lorent, Brittany La Route du Rock France

Sat 14-Aug-04 Oslo Oslo Int Jazz Festival Norway

Sun 15-Aug-04 Malmo Malmo Festival Sweden

Fri 20-Aug-04 Cannes Roof of the Palais des Festivals France

Sat 21-Aug-04 Hassalt Pukkelpop Festival Belgium

Sun 22-Aug-04 Nr Rotterdam Lowlands Festival Holland

Mon 23-Aug-04 Dublin Redbox, Ireland

Tues 24-Aug-04 Brighton, Concorde

Wed 25-Aug-04 Edinburgh Fringe show @ The Corn Exchange + 2Many DJ's

Fri 27-Aug-04 Reading Carling Festival UK

Sat 28-Aug-04 Leeds Carling Festival UK

Sun 29-Aug-04 London TDK Festival @ The Cross UK

I didn't know that they had played the Redbox way back when, I thought the Electric Picnic slot they did in 2005(?) was their first Irish show.

can anyone who was at this last night tell me if there were 2 support acts (joe goddard and shit robot), and what time the first band came on it. Thank you.

Just shit Robot playing out of view on the side of the stage started around 8, LCD at 9

It was really good. The first time in ages I've queued up early for a pit pass, actually ended up standing at the barrier.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

§
Just shit Robot playing out of view on the side of the stage started around 8, LCD at 9

It was really good. The first time in ages I've queued up early for a pit pass, actually ended up standing at the barrier.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

what time did you queue from? Am considering this too. Have to hang around town after work so have time to kill. Depends on the other lads I'm with though.

§

what time did you queue from? Am considering this too. Have to hang around town after work so have time to kill. Depends on the other lads I'm with though.

Met my friends there at 6 as they had the tickets but we overestimated the desire of people to stand in the rain and were the first people there. As best I could tell everyone who was there for doors at 7 got a wristband and I sort of kept half an eye on it it looked like they ran out of them around 7:30.

We're going again tonight and I was thinking 6:30 .

Met my friends there at 6 as they had the tickets but we overestimated the desire of people to stand in the rain and were the first people there. As best I could tell everyone who was there for doors at 7 got a wristband and I sort of kept half an eye on it it looked like they ran out of them around 7:30.

We're going again tonight and I was thinking 6:30 .
cool, cheers for that. I'm happy to go there for around that time too, though it's better weather-wise than yesterday.
Again, it depends on how early the lads I'm with can make it into town. Which is shit cos I'm the one with the tickets.

Might see you there.

cool, cheers for that. I'm happy to go there for around that time too, though it's better weather-wise than yesterday.
Again, it depends on how early the lads I'm with can make it into town. Which is shit cos I'm the one with the tickets.

Might see you there.

Good chance you will.

TBH most people in the queue were pretty chill about mates sliding into the queue, so long as the line isn't mad long everyone knew that they'd get their pit pass.

Thank god for thumped, this seems to be the only place on the internet that has any record of the 2004 show. It was in Crawdaddy, not the red box.

Anyway they were amazing tonight, even if they didn’t play losing my edge. The pricks.

That’s my thumped quota for the decade, seeya.

Last edited:
Thank god for thumped, this seems to be the only place on the internet that has any record of the 2004 show. It was in Crawdaddy, not the red box.

Anyway they were amazing tonight, even if they didn’t play losing my edge. The pricks.

That’s my thumped quota for the decade, seeya.
Ah, stay awhile. Did you see them at ATP earlier that year? I think you were there alright. I did but basically remember nothing about it other than they really overdid the cowbell. Seen them a bunch of times since. Came up on my first pill during that Electric Picnic set. Pretty hard to top that one

Ah, stay awhile. Did you see them at ATP earlier that year? I think you were there alright. I did but basically remember nothing about it other than they really overdid the cowbell. Seen them a bunch of times since. Came up on my first pill during that Electric Picnic set. Pretty hard to top that one

That was an afternoon slot wasn't it? Fair play

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back