Last week tonight with John Oliver (1 Viewer)

xsteox

Supporter
Anyone else watching this??? his take-downs are spectacular. Makes you wonder how much more The Daily show could do with a Hbo budget instead of Comedy centrals...

All up on their youtube, and, it's not regon locked so we can see it:)
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - YouTube

And on Sky Atlantic, day after shown in America.

It is good, BUT John has some mannerisms that I can see becoming annoying. I do like how they really get their teeth into a topic though and as pointed out in an early episode, as its HBO there are no sponsors so NOTHING is beyond ripping the piss out of.

Daily show, John Oliver and to a lesser extent 'the trews' filling a giant important hole in USA media.

Curious what kind of draconian youtube lobby is going in the background to stop them.

They've picked some great targets so far and there seems to be some proper journalistic work going into it, and Oliver's got a likeable underdog quality to him that works well in this kind of role.. He tries a bit too hard with the jokes though, he'll say something funny and then shout it two or three times just to make sure you've got it.. could do with turning that down a notch.

They've picked some great targets so far and there seems to be some proper journalistic work going into it, and Oliver's got a likeable underdog quality to him that works well in this kind of role.. He tries a bit too hard with the jokes though, he'll say something funny and then shout it two or three times just to make sure you've got it.. could do with turning that down a notch.

I also think in general, the whole English thing carries more comedic currency with the Americans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back