Last Fm (1 Viewer)

explain this to me.
who here uses it?
it collects statistics on your listening habits from your itunes/winamp/media player/whichever. then you can listen to stuff that it thinks you'd like on the basis of what you do like.
i like it for the pointless statistics. entombed are apparently my 46th favourite band.
also the 'recent listening' thing you can put in your signature here is quite handy.

it confuses me a bit. like why won't it let you listen to particular songs when you want...i think i'm missing something, like how can you get it to let you listen to a load of songs by one band? like if i look up 'manowar' it plays me a load of songs 'similar to manowar'..
and it keeps trying to make me listen to 'cubert' (system of a down) (including in the category 'similar to manowar').

it confuses me a bit. like why won't it let you listen to particular songs when you want...i think i'm missing something, like how can you get it to let you listen to a load of songs by one band? like if i look up 'manowar' it plays me a load of songs 'similar to manowar'..
and it keeps trying to make me listen to 'cubert' (system of a down) (including in the category 'similar to manowar').
Afaik they only have a few songs from each artist on last.fm. The general purpose behind it is the stats and charts. The ability to play music from the site is fairly new. I think the radio is very well done tbh. Uses people's stats to recommend you music that other people who like similar music to you like. Although there are sites such as http://blogmusik.net/ (which is actually down atm) that just let you search for particular bands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back