laser eye surgery (1 Viewer)

sarah

Website
www.flickr.com
I've had to wear glasses for years. I've worn contact lenses since I was a teen as I never got
used to or liked wearing glasses. The last month I've had two reactions
due to new type of lense ending up in painful infection. Anyway I'm fed up
of shelling out for lenses or paying for glasses that I inevitably end up hating
no matter how nice and designery they initially seem.

now booked in for initial consultation in mater private hospital costs 100 euro.
the thought of never having to worry about eyesight again is amazing,
the thought of them lifting up bits of my eyeballs, makes me want to faint.

my uncle had his eyes done years ago and has had no problems... anyone else
have it done? what kind did you get? where did you go?
i'm gonna talk to a few places before making up my mind anyways.

read horror stories about people having dry eye or those ghost things for the rest of their
life.

but yeah glasses, forever adjusting and cleaning and getting rained on and squashing nose...

lasik_eye_surgery.jpg

I have the amazing ability to break two pairs of glasses in less than a week. Currently they are held together with sellotape

like my life : (

see they're incredibly inconvenient. having said that my uncle still freaks me out a bit now,
cause his face looks empty without the glasses.

my sis who cant see past her cornea maintains that its pointless at your age (i'm guessing your age), because your eyes decline with age and you'd be back in glasses in a few years. this could be complete lies though. a mate around 40 got his done and he said its cool as fuck but he still feels the locker for his glasses every morning.

magnetize did you have to pay for assessment with wellington clinic?.. just looking at the site, sounds better
than mater private cause of lifetime guarantee.

ann post, seems with some of them they guarantee if you have to use glasses for driving again that
they can do a re-adjustment.

still though awake during surgery seems pretty horrific.

its €100 for the assessment which is taken out of the price of the surgery if your a successful candidate. 2.5 hrs for the initial assessment!

same as mater but they only do hour 1.5 hours consultation, and doesn't come
off the cost.
I don't have insurance so would have to pay the full whack but they sound
much better than mater private already. rang them for brochure...might cancel mater
consult and go with these guys, lifetime follow up sounds a lot more reassuring.

same as mater but they only do hour 1.5 hours consultation, and doesn't come
off the cost.
I don't have insurance so would have to pay the full whack but they sound
much better than mater private already. rang them for brochure...might cancel mater
consult and go with these guys, lifetime follow up sounds a lot more reassuring.

if its good enough for mega-multi-millionaire padraig harrington then its good enough for me!

still though awake during surgery seems pretty horrific.

Hi Sarah,

Got mine done June last year. Being awake isn't so bad, cause they give you killer painkillers AND a valium beforehand. Its only 15-20 seconds per eye and you don't feel a thing. I had PRK rather than Lasik and it was pretty painful for a few days afterwards. But its worked out really well. One of the best things I ever did. Theres more here... Best of luck!

http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?73209-Laser-Eyes

Hi Sarah,

Got mine done June last year. Being awake isn't so bad, cause they give you killer painkillers AND a valium beforehand. Its only 15-20 seconds per eye and you don't feel a thing. I had PRK rather than Lasik and it was pretty painful for a few days afterwards. But its worked out really well. One of the best things I ever did. Theres more here... Best of luck!

http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?73209-Laser-Eyes

Cheers Jim, you said in the older thread that you had dry eyes... did that go away? was it only after the
surgery? Also do the blackrock clinic provide a lifetime care thing like the wellington place?

it's same price and they both look pretty good.

Cheers Jim, you said in the older thread that you had dry eyes... did that go away? was it only after the
surgery? Also do the blackrock clinic provide a lifetime care thing like the wellington place?

it's same price and they both look pretty good.

I always had slightly dry eyes and it did get worse for several weeks initially, but nothing eye drops didn't take care of. They are still quite dry first thing in the morning (particularly after a nights drinking), but I don't have to use drops much at all anymore. The drops are just normal "tears" drops that contact lense users might use.

I went for Blackrock, cause it was recommended to me by several people. I've been told there is a life-time guarantee, meaning you can have the procedure again (if necessary) at no extra cost. They will confirm if thats the case by phone call. In fact a phone call is your best option, they answer all the questions with no pressure or anything.

As far as I know, the after-service is also free. I went back after a few weeks to have a check-up and there was no charge. The doctor said if I ever had any worries/questions, just give him a call. I found them very good, professional and kind. The procedure I had was PRK, which is slightly different to Lasek, but I know of several people that had lasek and they have had no real complaints of dry eyes. My night vision might have slightly disimproved - but I might only imagine that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back