Laser Card Fraud (1 Viewer)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nlgbbbblth again.You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nlgbbbblth again.You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nlgbbbblth again.You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nlgbbbblth again.You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nlgbbbblth again.You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nlgbbbblth again.You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nlgbbbblth again.

But loads of them?

Eh?

You can talk to the internet.

You know the thing is .. I only noticed because they made three giant transactions through my account. Three big fuck-off ones. I was never NOT going to notice that.

They could have spent months making lots of smaller ones and I would have been none the wiser. Idiots.

Very sorry you got done...... However, if your card was used to pay Quinn Insurance, then you should have the culprit by the balls..... ie the payment should be easily associated with an individual / account / car registration etc ?

bummer dude..We were in New York a few months ago and one of the bastards in our hotel must have taken down the boys credit card details..about a month after we got home there was a grands worth of stuff bought in radio shack and old navy..He reported it and they refunded the money pending the investigation..said if they found out it wasn't fraud they'd take it back which was fair enough..pain in the arse though..

we were lucky in a way though cos he never uses his credit card so we knew the only place it could have happened was in the hotel..and it was flippin lovely and all.

Can I ask a question. why would a lasercard payment not go through.I just tried to buy something .I entered my pin which was correct and it came up sale not authorised , twice. I rang card services and yer one was very rude saying "this is LOST AND STOLEN cards" I just wanted to see if they could help with why it happened. I checked online and the last transactions were on 30th Dec. I suppose it takes a while for any other tansactions to go through the system.Is this how people first notice fraud or am I freaking out over nothing?
A few weeks ago my credit card was declined soI paid for the thing on my laser.There was no reason for it to be declined and the credit card people said they didn't even see an attempt for it to be used on their system si it couldn't have been refused. is it possible they skimmed my laser card at that time.:confused:

Can I ask a question. why would a lasercard payment not go through.I just tried to buy something .I entered my pin which was correct and it came up sale not authorised , twice. I rang card services and yer one was very rude saying "this is LOST AND STOLEN cards" I just wanted to see if they could help with why it happened. I checked online and the last transactions were on 30th Dec. I suppose it takes a while for any other tansactions to go through the system.Is this how people first notice fraud or am I freaking out over nothing?
A few weeks ago my credit card was declined soI paid for the thing on my laser.There was no reason for it to be declined and the credit card people said they didn't even see an attempt for it to be used on their system si it couldn't have been refused. is it possible they skimmed my laser card at that time.:confused:

Presuming there was sufficient money in the account its a bit odd. I would definitely go to the bank about highlighting the incident in case they did skim it then

It turns out my laser card was out of date.BOI claimed they sent a new one in November in the post.I din't receive this so when I asked them they sent a new one.Meanwhile I couldn't use my existing one.Then THEN THE SHAGGERS CHARGED ME 5.90 FOR A NEW LASERCARD:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It turns out my laser card was out of date.BOI claimed they sent a new one in November in the post.I din't receive this so when I asked them they sent a new one.Meanwhile I couldn't use my existing one.Then THEN THE SHAGGERS CHARGED ME 5.90 FOR A NEW LASERCARD:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Same shit happened to me with the credit card. Had to get a new number when they cancelled the new one that was "issued". Right nuisance it was.

Never actually seen what those skimming yokes look like

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

what if he goes about european cities with a fake skimming thing to try and pick up women with his 'reverse engineering' bullshittery?

Never actually seen what those skimming yokes look like

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure where he’s coming from with the “in Europe” angle - it’s not exactly a localised problem and in fact is a much bigger issue in places like America where they were really really slow to adopt chip & pin.

All About Skimmers — Krebs on Security

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back