Laser Card Fraud (1 Viewer)

kevin gallen

Website
www.qprdot.org
lots of fraudulent charges on my card for stuff like Quinn Insurance (450 euro), aer arann flights, parking in lucan etc

surely this kinda stuff can be traced easy enough?

reported it to fraud division, 10-14 day wait

cleared my account. nice timing guys. christmas is cancelled at chez gallen this year.

Maybe it is a bank fuck up, it would be a bit bizarre to have the wiles to con you then say book a ticket in their own name, unless there's another scam in operation we aren't seeing. Hopefully you're not now on the CIA Terrorist Watch list.

This happened to me. Had to report it to the guards after reporting it to the fraud people. Got all the money back but it did take a few weeks .....

guy in work was defrauded on his credit card, but what happened him was there were a load of transactions for about €1 each, and then a €1k and a €1.5k transaction. he was reimbursed.

Sorry to hear that. Have you asked for a temporary overdraft to tide you over?

Has to be a skimmed card.

Unfortunately investigating it takes time. Very hard to trace the users unless CCTV footage is available. Bank usually pays up once the investigation concludes.

The system can get clogged up with people claiming fraudulent use of ATM cards when in fact they were drunk at the time and can't remember when they took out money.

Weekend transactions are usually dated as Monday on a statement so you get people ringing up saying 'No way did I take out money last Monday'. You tell 'em that the transaction could have been made Friday / Saturday or Sunday and still say 'no definitely didn't take it out'.

So someone has to spend time looking up the ATM records. You go back them and say
'That withdrawal was made at 2:40am on Sunday morning'

and the response is usually
'Oh yeah, now I remember. I had to get money for a taxi':rolleyes:

have you considered that it could be a Jekyll / Hyde type scenario?

JekyllHyde1931.jpg

cheers, need to call into the branch tomorrow and ask for an overdraft.

Sorry to hear that. Have you asked for a temporary overdraft to tide you over?

Has to be a skimmed card.

Unfortunately investigating it takes time. Very hard to trace the users unless CCTV footage is available. Bank usually pays up once the investigation concludes.

The system can get clogged up with people claiming fraudulent use of ATM cards when in fact they were drunk at the time and can't remember when they took out money.

Weekend transactions are usually dated as Monday on a statement so you get people ringing up saying 'No way did I take out money last Monday'. You tell 'em that the transaction could have been made Friday / Saturday or Sunday and still say 'no definitely didn't take it out'.

So someone has to spend time looking up the ATM records. You go back them and say
'That withdrawal was made at 2:40am on Sunday morning'

and the response is usually
'Oh yeah, now I remember. I had to get money for a taxi':rolleyes:

Was it similar transactions to mine? or was it the more normal ATM skimming with the money been taken out in foreign countries at ATM's?

Transactions were large ones related to gambling. Pretty obviously not me ...

I'd only make small ones related to gambling.

Transactions were large ones related to gambling. Pretty obviously not me ...

I'd only make small ones related to gambling.
But loads of them?

Eh?

You can talk to the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back