Larry Livermore dies aged 60 (Lookout Records) (1 Viewer)

LamStock

Website
www.bringyourownrecords.tk
"Larry Livermore co-founder of Lookout Records and discoverer of popular punk band Green Day died today in an unfortunate accident at tonights Avail show. Three people "stagediving" at once landed on Mr. Livermore. He was taken to the local hospital where he was pronounced dead from a severe broken neck. No statement has been released at this time."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Livermore

What an excellent way to go.
Seriously, if I could choose my favourite ways to die 'Stagediving mishap at 60 years old' would be pretty close to the top of the list.
This reminds me of Dimebag Darrell. I'm convinced Dimebag did a deal with Satan. He got unearthly fingers of fire in exchange for an on-stage assassination when *just* past his prime thus cementing his legacy forever. WIN-WIN!

From Larry Livermores own blog....I s'pose it is halloween after all...maybe he came d=back from the dead to do one last blog write up... :eek:

I was watching from the back at that point (Avail crowds can get, shall we say, quite lively), but after receiving that dedication, there was no way I could stay there, and went charging up to the front of the stage, where I spent the better part of an hour fending off lumpy bearded stagedivers who seemed determined to land on me, and got a big sweaty hug from Tim in the midst of it all. Things really went off during the last song, sort of they way they do during the last few minutes of a fireworks display, and at one climactic moment, three stagedivers simultaneously crashed into my head and shoulders, causing me momentarily to think I'd dislocated or broken my neck.

This is going to sound great in the emergency ward, I thought: "Um, sir, you're 60 years old and you broke your neck in the pit at a punk rock show?" But I guess the years of t'ai chi and my new gym regimen have paid off, because the old neck stood up under the onslaught and I walked away sweaty but unbowed.

As opposed to having a normal, not so bad, broken neck?? In fairness that should have caused people to notice its not true!

exactly, i made the statement as ridiculous as i could and i still got people believing it.

it's actually his 60th birthday today and i thought it'd be funny to prematurely announce his death

i had my fun, that's all that matters

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back