Ladyflash betamax ham sandwich thing (1 Viewer)

Misplaced nostalgia and post-modern irony will be the death of us all.

I don't even know if I'm serious or not.

Do you listen to any early 70's Roxy Music Mitchum?

Do you remember the context it was written in?

I remember waking up of a smoggy morn in 1986, the sound of the Riptide theme tune wafting through our welfare-propped household. What have we lost along the way other than zoot suits? We were innocent then. And whatever happened to Corey Haim?

Do you listen to any early 70's Roxy Music Mitchum?

Do you remember the context it was written in?

Yes on the first and co-incidentally I'm reading Bracewell's book 'Re-make, Re-model'.
I'm not pre-occupied with the decade as post-modern stance though. Corey Haim. Pfft.

I remember waking up of a smoggy morn in 1986, the sound of the Riptide theme tune wafting through our welfare-propped household. What have we lost along the way other than zoot suits? We were innocent then. And whatever happened to Corey Haim?

Drugs, that's what happened. He really thought he was going to make Lost Boys Two. Sad really.

Yes on the first and co-incidentally I'm reading Bracewell's book 'Re-make, Re-model'.
I'm not pre-occupied with the decade as post-modern stance though. Corey Haim. Pfft.

when did I ever mention Corey Haim?

to be honest i'm vaguely insulted that you think the only way of liking music or clothes that were popular 20 years ago is by being ironic

Well wagered.

You provided much entertainment for me. It was like I could see thought bubbles above your head. I watched you dancing in the back then see people bopping around up in front. You made your way up there and it was like bouncy castle. Pure entertainment. You looked like you had a good time, so the head today is probably worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back