LA Noire (1 Viewer)

How's everyone getting on with this? I'm not sure it's living up to the hype. The interrogations are a little confusing, the cut scenes feel like half the game is being played without your input and the driving is no fun. The facial technology is incredible though.

the facial stuff is amazing alright. don't mind the cut scenes too much.

the interrogations seem to require more thinking - or is it just a different type of thinking? - than i'm used to in a game. might have a look at the instructions later & see if i'm missing anythinig.

going to try playing it in black & white too.

How's everyone getting on with this? I'm not sure it's living up to the hype. The interrogations are a little confusing, the cut scenes feel like half the game is being played without your input and the driving is no fun. The facial technology is incredible though.

Sometimes I just want to go on a rampage but then Galloway starts shouting at me... I'm finding the interrogations a bit confusing too, like, I want to accuse someone of something but then that piece of information is missing from accusation list or whatever it is... when I get it right it's pretty satisfying though. The characterisations are really strong.. in other games with a lot of different characters (unless they're total stereotypes) I'd tend to forget who most of them are and what they're supposed to mean to my character, that's not a problem here though. The music is friggin brilliant too, Bernard Herman'd out of it.

Not had any trouble with doors yet. Only played up to the second case after his first promotion so far.

C'mon Stan. It's like the aould point and click adventure 'em ups with believable characters, amazing dial.. what a minute, why am I trying to sell this to you? I think they got to me...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm liking the game but am still confused. The interrogations are infuriating, you don't even find out what questions you got wrong. And the fights are fucking shite.

You do, a tick or an x goes after them in the notebook as you cross them out.

Yeah, I only saw that yesterday. I know all the reviews are saying it's nothing like GTA, but it is. C'mon like. Open city, linear missions, people make excuses why they can't drive and urge you to take the wheel, drive around and listen to music. A bit less shooty shooty and runny over, but it's the same basic model. I'm not complaining though, it's a great basic model.

Yeah! Thought there's be a few more verb-less sentences and crazy slang... more fuck-ups and sleazeballs.. although I haven't gotten to the vice desk yet so I suppose I'll wait and see.

does anyone who thinks this is shit want to bequeath their copy to me? that'd be swell.

does anyone who thinks this is shit want to bequeath their copy to me? that'd be swell.

I thought I was about to finish it there a few days ago and was thinking i'd make a fair bit trading it in again. Alas, i'm nowhere near the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back