knopfler last night (1 Viewer)

midlandmusic said:
truely a gig that will become legendary in time...knopfler melted some 9's and the band left the stage with grins on their faces.|..|

what in god's name does "melted some 9's" mean?
think I'll try and slip that into a conversation today....

9 green bottles of pish

->smidlandmusak
...why do you post the same message on several message boards? pluggin a website would be even more subtle if you changed the messages slightly

my folks enjoyed it. Well my dad who loves dire straights certainly did. My mother probably just looked embarassed when he started playing air guitar.

knopfler plays hot licks. I went to see a guy who was in the Meters a few years ago, he played solos for a good hour with his tongue lolling in the air, jumping with each string bend, it was a thing of great beauty (the tongue lolling, not the music). Needless to say, I went down the front and shouted "Hot Licks" and stuck my tongue out, everyone around me joined in. I learnt that night that guitarists are wierd.

Alan Remorse said:
i would have KILLED to go to this. just found out a friend had free tickets and didnt tell me. gutted.

IMAG007A.JPG

IMAG010A.JPG

hope this improves your loss!?

I'm more interested in 'Gay Jazz' to be honest, what the fuck is that all about?

I have to be honest, I'm kinda dissapointed you didn't change it to 'rape puffy' Tom.

Gay Jazz said:
the "melted some 9's" thing: an explanation please. is this guitar-nerd-speak? it sounds like something you'd do with heroin. or in a war.
jesus people, he's talking about gauge 9 strings. i thought this was a muso forum??

Gay Jazz said:
the "melted some 9's" thing: an explanation please. is this guitar-nerd-speak? it sounds like something you'd do with heroin. or in a war.

9's is the guage of the strings Mark Knopfler uses...they heat up when you play long solos...if you melt them you have played a top class solo...god I hate having to explain this to non-guitarists...pass on the info to all your non-guitar-playing mates please...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back