knitting wool (1 Viewer)

Well now, apparently, there's a deadly wool shop in Limerick called Lena's on William Street, so anyone going there could stop off and get some for the rest.

One of the lads here in work sez he lives near the wool shop in Bray and will gladly import it into Dublin for a ten percent markup.

chiming in belatedly to say that i think the knitting circle is a most fantabulous idea, and i am so in.

oh, and ms. z., i will pm you re perhaps calling out to the shop, as after whizzing out two scarves and a hat i have a crazy urge to tackle something like a jumper. given my talents, it may come out looking only something like a jumper, but hey, it'll be fun...

kirstie said:
where else in the city centra is it possible to get wool apart from Hickey's? Roches and Arnotts both no longer have a haberdashery department, for shame.

there's a small shop between the UGC cinema and the bike shop on Parnell street (maybe it's past the bike shop, i'm not sure, but definitely on that side of the street). they're pretty cheap for the acrylic stuff and they have bargain baskets.

Nope, told you, can't get black acrylic in Gickeys at the moment - so I have to wait. But soon Andrew, soon.

Play with your Love 8 Ball in the meantime.

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
is my scarf ready yet?

andrew

knitted knoise -
ff04.jpg

ff05.jpg

peeps from forcefield/fort thunder/risd are on some art/knitting trip and have been written up a lil bit in the last year...

http://knitknit.net/gorgon_radeo.html
there's an aul link

personally i can't see myself doing anything as wimpy as knitting...puttin studs into things maybe, but not knittin.

andrew

redd said:
there's a small shop between the UGC cinema and the bike shop on Parnell street (maybe it's past the bike shop, i'm not sure, but definitely on that side of the street). they're pretty cheap for the acrylic stuff and they have bargain baskets.

totally forgot about that place! i think it's after the bike shop. if it's the place i'm thinking of, it's also great for gaudy ballroom dancing gear.

helena said:
totally forgot about that place! i think it's after the bike shop. if it's the place i'm thinking of, it's also great for gaudy ballroom dancing gear.

I know I don't know you really but Happy Birthday. :)

(I think I met you once at Rumpus' and Fiona's going away, beer-swillin, pool-playing night but I'm not sure if it's the same person??)

roxy said:
I know I don't know you really but Happy Birthday. :)

(I think I met you once at Rumpus' and Fiona's going away, beer-swillin, pool-playing night but I'm not sure if it's the same person??)

cheers bud! (don't think that was me though) =)

redd said:

Just to follow-up, I was in here, and it was great. Open 10am - 5pm, Monday to Saturday.

Are any of you knitting fans in Limerick cos today we finally found a venue for setting up a stich 'n bitch! It's going to be on Tuesday evenings, we think we should be having the first one in about 2 weeks and it will be on in Halla Ida on Thomas St. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back