knitting in a sociable manner. (1 Viewer)

Hamilton Burger said:
A funny way to break off with a boyfriend/girlfriend would be to knit them a jumper with "I HATE YOU. FUCK OFF AND DIE" emblazoned on it.

my bird is making me a paisley shirt with a pattern of ian paisleys head on it. cant wait.

I'm knitting myself a green and pink stripey scarf cos I sold my other stripey scarf for three fags

Zeelander said:
I should be able to go L; I'll confirm nearer the time if that's ok with you. Fair play for offering your abode as a venue and getting things kick-started! I know we've talked about a knitting circle before but it's never gotten off the ground. If there's an interest in having a semi-regular knitting circle I'll be happy to host one when I move into a bigger place, which should be a short while :)
sweet. drop us a pm nearer to the time. it's going to be me, helena, catwoman, muffin and bellatrix I think. and possibly a friend of mine from college.

IFF said:
when i travelled to college on the bus, a woman with a daughter with get on in Tallanstown (teen pregnancy capital of ireland) and then knit on the bus

pojintless story

thats crazy shit man. and tell us, did she do plain or perl? surely she didnt do both?

Super Dexta said:
sweet. drop us a pm nearer to the time. it's going to be me, helena, catwoman, muffin and bellatrix I think. and possibly a friend of mine from college.

cool, i should be able to pop along too.

did anyone go to carnival last night? I was talking to annie about it on Saturday night but was rendered too unwell by booze yesterday to even think of doing activities which required hand to eye co-ordination.

kirstie said:
did anyone go to carnival last night? I was talking to annie about it on Saturday night but was rendered too unwell by booze yesterday to even think of doing activities which required hand to eye co-ordination.

i was also planning to go to it, but i did a yoga workshop at the weekend and was too enfeebled by sunday evening to consider any activity other than eating.

jasus, i'm so rock and roll.

Super Dexta said:

great idea this! knitting is the new cool.i got stitch and bitch for xmas and it's brilliant. although i'd definitely need some help understanding how to knit anything in it. can't make this sunday but keep posting dates on this thread. would love to come along too to one.

hey
we've been knitting upstairs in carnival for a few months now. my mom comes and helps people who don't know what they're doing. plenty of people have learned from scratch it's not hard. it'd be cool if a few more experienced people showed up. we do it upstairs where the bar is closed. it's a good buzz. a couple of dudes come sometimes i wasn't sure what to do about that really. anyway you're all very welcome. about 7 every sunday.

id like to throw in a note of support for the knitters. November before last the girlfriend took up knitting. I scoffed . THEN for christmas 04 shes knitsme a fucking beautiful scarf , 10 feet long with tiny toy sheep attached on. I never wear it cos im afraid itll get ruined, but still the best present ive ever got.
Needles to say, she had the last laugh.
thats right , i said it,even though its a partridgism.

hup! for the knitting. this sunday. got home from cork to find flatmate had not spontaneously burned down house, rats had not taken over the world, teapot is still in one piece, etc. always the worry when you go away for a few weeks. so knitting is go! persons of all genders welcome. bring handy knitting books if you have them.

Super Dexta said:
bring handy knitting books if you have them.

Oo i'm sure I have a few knocking around. I have an awful habit of lending knittingy things to peoples and never getting them back though, so my collection of cool knitting books n stuff is a little depleted :(

I'm just this minute trying to knock together a press release for Springwools about their new stock, etc. Someone give me some tips on writing a press release or say something cool about knitting that I can include. You know, just, help....

Zeelander said:
Oo i'm sure I have a few knocking around. I have an awful habit of lending knittingy things to peoples and never getting them back though, so my collection of cool knitting books n stuff is a little depleted :(

er, like your 20mm needles?

[whistles innocently]

if you want to send me the press release to give a once over once you've finished, i'd be happy to have a look.

minka said:
er, like your 20mm needles?

[whistles innocently]

Needles ain't no thang, you're welcome to them! My knitting needle collection seems to replenish itself as if independently from me. I have more than any normal person needs, including another pair of 20mm, as well as a truly proposterous pair of 25mm (have to be seen to be believed!)

Super Dexta said:
hup! for the knitting. this sunday. got home from cork to find flatmate had not spontaneously burned down house, rats had not taken over the world, teapot is still in one piece, etc. always the worry when you go away for a few weeks. so knitting is go! persons of all genders welcome. bring handy knitting books if you have them.
I got this for chrimbo: http://www.needleartsbookshop.com/knitting_books/Modular_Knits.html

It looks good though I've not done anything yet. I'll bring it along and a few others I have.

Really looking forward to this Sunday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back