knitting in a sociable manner. (1 Viewer)

this is awesome..ill defintely be there...

roxy id hear that sjp and drew barrymore did a bit of knitting but thats about it..that said stitch and bitch does have a list of celebrity knitters!but no one in my immeadiate circle thinks its anythin but good..ive been promising the boy id knot him a hat for a year...still havent gotten round to it...

but yay super dexta + knitting = .|..|

muffin said:
this is awesome..ill defintely be there...

roxy id hear that sjp and drew barrymore did a bit of knitting but thats about it..that said stitch and bitch does have a list of celebrity knitters!but no one in my immeadiate circle thinks its anythin but good..ive been promising the boy id knot him a hat for a year...still havent gotten round to it...

but yay super dexta + knitting = .|..|

I knit my boy a hat for Christmas and it is fabulous. I specially ordered Rowan's Chunky Tweed wool for the project (I'm sure discerning knitters like minka will appreciate the luxurious nature of such a yarn...) and woe betide anyone that dare say a word against it. I overheard some style-bypassed fishwife make a remark to my counterpart about his "terrible hat" and I was fuming. Next time I see her I intend to gouge her eyes out with my knitting needles.

Zeelander said:
I knit my boy a hat for Christmas and it is fabulous. I specially ordered Rowan's Chunky Tweed wool for the project (I'm sure discerning knitters like minka will appreciate the luxurious nature of such a yarn...) and woe betide anyone that dare say a word against it. I overheard some style-bypassed fishwife make a remark to my counterpart about his "terrible hat" and I was fuming. Next time I see her I intend to gouge her eyes out with my knitting needles.

mmm, rowan chunky tweed is nice. yer wan has obviously had some sort of tastectomy. my own beloved (under my kindly tutelage, hem hem) did a scarf for his mammy in rowan big wool, and is now apparently the BEST SON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

i am tres excited about your possible wool shop, incidentally.

minka said:
mmm, rowan chunky tweed is nice. yer wan has obviously had some sort of tastectomy. my own beloved (under my kindly tutelage, hem hem) did a scarf for his mammy in rowan big wool, and is now apparently the BEST SON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

That does make Brian the best son in the world! Rowan yarns are so gorgeous and if you're doing something for someone special I maintain you ought to use the very finest yarns. The sweater I'm currently knitting for myself (which could turn out to be a little disatstrous) I am simply using inexpensive but cuddly yarns for.

minka said:

yes, that may make him the best son in the world, but it also qualifies him for the world faggot finals, in pole position.

cool, so there's 4 of us in now. sunday the 15th at 2. i'll polish my teapot, fluff up my cushions and try to contain my flatmate's rampant mess.

Super Dexta said:
cool, so there's 4 of us in now. sunday the 15th at 2. i'll polish my teapot, fluff up my cushions and try to contain my flatmate's rampant mess.

I should be able to go L; I'll confirm nearer the time if that's ok with you. Fair play for offering your abode as a venue and getting things kick-started! I know we've talked about a knitting circle before but it's never gotten off the ground. If there's an interest in having a semi-regular knitting circle I'll be happy to host one when I move into a bigger place, which should be a short while :)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IRELAND[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Douglas:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Meets 7:30pm every Thursday at the Costa Café, Douglas Court Shopping Centre, Douglas, Co Cork. Contact Loretta Everyone welcome![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dublin:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Meets 3rd Saturday each month at 1pm-2pm at the Library Bar, Central Hotel, Exchequer Street, DUBLIN 2. Contact Sorcha Everyone welcome! [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dundalk[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Meets 1st Tuesday each month at 7.30pm-ish at the The Spirit Store, St. Georges Quay, Dundalk, Co.Louth Contact Carly [/FONT]

from http://www.stitchnbitch.co.uk/fan.htm

A funny way to break off with a boyfriend/girlfriend would be to knit them a jumper with "I HATE YOU. FUCK OFF AND DIE" emblazoned on it.

Lefty Frizzell said:
one of my favourites.

i know a girl called blaze in fact.

Ah! Blaze. Catholically it's spelled Blaise.
Have you ever gone to Church with a cold or sore throat on St. Blaise Day? It's on every year on February 3rd. The name of the Mass that's celebrated is officially called The Blessed Linctus.

In all fairness, Blaise is a cracking name. Blaise Burns.

Still, as a name it's not as funny as Peter Shirtliff, the current Mansfield Town manager and former Charlton Athletic centre half.
Other homoname footballers include Marcus/Darren/Junior Bent and the ex-Bayern Munich midfielder, Manfred Bender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back