knitting in a sociable manner. (1 Viewer)

ICUH8N said:
spinning your own yarn is apparently big in the states too. I have an ex who who just bought her own spindle. Hardcore.

hott.

ok.gif

My missus would be well into this. She's been layin down some choice cuts in bags and hats and things for the past couple of months and is currently making me my first ever shirt that i'm going to wear every day and never take off. She too is thinking about stalls and boutiques and shit.

Corey said:
My missus would be well into this. She's been layin down some choice cuts in bags and hats and things for the past couple of months and is currently making me my first ever shirt that i'm going to wear every day and never take off. She too is thinking about stalls and boutiques and shit.

Ah, the boutique of which I speak will be a yarn store, selling pretty wools and books and needles and that. The only drag is looking for an available retail space in a suitable location. Fingers crossed things will start getting off the ground sooner rather than later and you can send your missus in to buy her materials there!

Zeelander said:
Ah, the boutique of which I speak will be a yarn store, selling pretty wools and books and needles and that. The only drag is looking for an available retail space in a suitable location. Fingers crossed things will start getting off the ground sooner rather than later and you can send your missus in to buy her materials there!

would Cultivate in temple bar be into hosting knitting sessions/materials?

mmmmmm

Zeelander said:
Well, I'm looking for a dedicated retail space for keepsies, not nudging in on someone else's patch. So if anyone happens to know of a shop for sale or let in the city centre, please be so kind as to give me a heads up. Cheers!

what is the shop for? just materials?

kirstie said:
appardently there is a knitting session upstairs in carnival of a sunday evening.

Me too, and I desparately want to learn to crochet.

Where is everyone based? I'm in Harold's X and I hear there's a knitting circle in a cafe in Rathmines...

Catwoman said:
Me too, and I desparately want to learn to crochet.

Where is everyone based? I'm in Harold's X and I hear there's a knitting circle in a cafe in Rathmines...
I'm in Ranelagh. And I can crochet..

okay. my living room, sunday the 15th, the afternoon. i'm just beside beechwood luas stop. pm moi if interested. uber knitting skillz not required.

annie told me about the knitting thingy on sundays in carnival too - i'm going to try and make it along some time this month, if only so everyone can laugh at my hubris in doing a very complicated lace wrap cardigan (having not knitted anything lacey since approx. 1984) and/or the amount of swearing i do when i drop stitches ("get back on that fucking needle, fuckface").

i like the idea of sociable knitting too, not least because it means there's other folks around to help fellow knitters with bits and pieces of technique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back