• Replies 13
  • Views 698
  • Watchers 1

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
TASTY . Play loud

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Jarrett is a genius. He can't preform live anymore after having two strokes.
Dick Beato did an analysis of one of Jarrett's improvisations. An extraordinary mind at work.

i don't like the koln concert at all - don't understand the hype around that one. this is the one for me:

R-494905-1584791751-1118.jpeg.jpg

i don't like the koln concert at all - don't understand the hype around that one.

Ehh..now I might be grasping here..but bare with me.....it might have something to do with the phenomenal preternatural display of virtuosity and improvisational invention the likes of which the world has rarely if ever witnessed before??

could be wrong

i don't like the koln concert at all - don't understand the hype around that one. this is the one for me:

R-494905-1584791751-1118.jpeg.jpg
I have this one, among others, but need to give it another few spins, as it never really landed with me.
Interesting that, apart from Koln, he’s one of the few critically acclaimed artists out there whose original LPs are still very cheap to pick up. Not all of them sold like a million copies.

phenomenal preternatural display of virtuosity and improvisational invention
i don't really go for music just because of technical mastery though. i find the the koln concert boring - i don't like the style of the music. i prefer listening to him as part of a band. i've said about the the survivor's suite - it's four musicians playing together. i like the compositions on that lp, the diversity of instrumentation, interplay between the players. I haven't found anything else under the banner of keith jarrett that i really like. like i say though, i like his playing as part of a band, e.g. miles davis, charlie haden lp's

That's too bad.i can appreciate some technical mastery... especially on the piano... Joachim Kuhn,McCoy Tuner solo aww yeah.

I'm also partial to a bit of Beethoven though so maybe I'm just a bit like that.

I haven’t heard a solo Jarrett recording that I’d listen to again, it’s like listening to a mechanical pianola. He’s hitting all the notes but there’s absolutely no feeling to it, which for improvisation seems completely wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back