Just Signed up for Twitter (1 Viewer)

Try living here with that relentlessly boring shit. Blitz spirit. Captain Tom. Jemermy Crobyn is a Hamas spy because his poppy was on crooked. We'll meet again. Fucking eejits.
Has anyone worked out a way of arguing that the Russians are the reason they won the 1966 World Cup? Be a good windup. Obviously it's the truth that the Russians won World War 2 not the Brits.

Has anyone worked out a way of arguing that the Russians are the reason they won the 1966 World Cup? Be a good windup. Obviously it's the truth that the Russians won World War 2 not the Brits.

Well, the linesman who controversially awarded a goal to England in the final when it may or may not have crossed the line before bouncing back out into the field of play was Russian.

I read Jonathan Wilson's history of Argentinian football, which also serves as a bit of a history of the Argentinian state and apparently in South America it's generally thought that in 1966 England received some favourable treatment from the officials. Which happens at a lot of World Cups, South Korea went a very long way in 2002.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well, the linesman who controversially awarded a goal to England in the final when it may or may not have crossed the line before bouncing back out into the field of play was Russian.

I read Jonathan Wilson's history of Argentinian football, which also serves as a bit of a history of the Argentinian state and apparently in South America it's generally thought that in 1966 England received some favourable treatment from the officials. Which happens at a lot of World Cups, South Korea went a very long way in 2002.

The bias for the hosts is a fucking joke, I think they've had to tone it back a bit since the South Korea disgrace but it's still there. Try and make sure the hosts make at least the quarters to keep the matches full. France still benefitted from it in 2018 there, Mbappe blatantly offside for the first goal but they just ignored it, and dubious as fuck handball to give them their penalty for the second goal when the ball deflected off the back of a guy a yard in front of the player.
Brazil getting tanked 7-0 by an utterly ruthless German team was one of the most glorious world cup matches ever. Could have been 10-0 that, and the officials could do absolutely fuck all about it. Guaranteed if that match had been 1-0 or 1-1 or something in the second half, there would have been a totally bullshit penalty for Brazil to set up a Brazil Argentina final. I'd almost think that before the game the Germans must have been telling each other "We need to get about 4-0 up just to make sure the refs can't fuck us".
But that South Korea one will live on in infamy for the Italian match, it's kind of funny to see the Italians get cheated instead of them trying to cheat, but the utter blatant nature of it was fucking mental. Great review of it here, the Totti no-penalty red card is a "Disgrace! It's a fucking disgrace!"

I've finally just deactivated my damned twitter, it was sapping my will to live. I kept thinking "Oh I'll miss the thing" but absolutely fuck it.

I've finally just deactivated my damned twitter, it was sapping my will to live. I kept thinking "Oh I'll miss the thing" but absolutely fuck it.

You won't miss anything. I've never had twitter. I go on these threads once every few weeks to get a loose idea of what's happening there and confirm I've made the right choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back