Just Signed up for Twitter (5 Viewers)

I had a conversation with a trans friend about following people like glinner (I have 41 people that I follow who follow him, which I just found out, and I really don't know why - I personally have him blocked, because I find nothing interesting, shocking or worth talking about in what he says, its just the same old tired transphobia). Not only does it help to give a platform for his hate, but it can also signal to trans folk that they are not safe with you. It might not mean anything to you to follow someone like Glinner - though I don't really get a hate follow, tbh - but it can mean a lot to a marginalised person who wants to know where they are safe in online spaces. Just a thought.
I get it
I only really know two trans people, and they certainly feel safe with me.

I don't think online spaces are safe in that sense for anyone though. Just this past week with the Kobe thing and Felicia Sonmez and Lauren Hough has been an eye opener.
By their nature, online spaces are full of idiots who disagree with you.
It's the hell of being able to see everyone's thoughts.

Every now and again I get a little thought that maybe I should sign up to something. And then I look at this thread and realise,if i only made one right decision in my life,it was not joining any of that crap.

So there's a campaign going on to get people to unfollow Graham Linehan

Look at this shit - I'm on a fucking list
View attachment 13477

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The entire world is a fucking schoolyard

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back