Just Signed up for Twitter (4 Viewers)

JESUS, SO MANY FUCKING OPINIONS

With the shit hitting the fan in such a stupendous fashion at the moment, Twitter is just brain frying. I mean, alot of what is being posted is quality information that needs to be disseminated- I'm nodding my heading, tut-tutting at all the right things, but its enough to drive you mad. It's like the old story of being granted a wish by a genie, asking to be able to read everyone's mind and then going insane when you realise its a constant flow of information that cannot be stopped and vaporises your own mental reality.

It almost seems quaint now that people criticised the 24 hour news cycle for sensationalising news as entertainment- now we have 24 hour news where the content is being provided by every fucking person on the planet!

Arrrghhhh!!! *tears out my own eyes*

this is good
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Case in point. This is an article about some (let's face it) minor bullshit disagreement between some groups . Why should anyone spend ONE SECOND of their time reading it? There are MILLIONS of these dramas being played out over the world at any given second. It is a complete waste of mental energy getting involved with it, and the next one, and the next one...

It's as if that the ability to distinguish between what is actually important and what is the latest rage on Twitter is breaking down. The merging of Twitter as a primary source of news information alongside most peoples misinformed opinions or petty arguments means that it 1) delegitimises actual news and 2) legimitises meaningless nonsense such as the tweet above (PS apologies to Bernie for picking on his tweet, there are millions like it)

harrumph.

It's like the old story of being granted a wish by a genie, asking to be able to read everyone's mind and then going insane when you realise its a constant flow of information that cannot be stopped and vaporises your own mental reality.

I was having a feeling like that but didn't know how to describe it.

Well put.

*shares on twitter*

Case in point. This is an article about some (let's face it) minor bullshit disagreement between some groups . Why should anyone spend ONE SECOND of their time reading it? There are MILLIONS of these dramas being played out over the world at any given second. It is a complete waste of mental energy getting involved with it, and the next one, and the next one...

It's as if that the ability to distinguish between what is actually important and what is the latest rage on Twitter is breaking down. The merging of Twitter as a primary source of news information alongside most peoples misinformed opinions or petty arguments means that it 1) delegitimises actual news and 2) legimitises meaningless nonsense such as the tweet above (PS apologies to Bernie for picking on his tweet, there are millions like it)

harrumph.
delete your account

Fucks sake...I have somehow managed to set up two twitter accounts.

No wonder I'm so confused.

BpieloiCcAA7yFI.jpg

Fucks sake...I have somehow managed to set up two twitter accounts.

No wonder I'm so confused.
And Catweasle turned out to be fake!

Imagine impersonating a geriatric actor for whatever the actual fuck of a reason

There was uproar with the Catweasle fanclub demanding he stepdown as the real Catweasle isnt online and wouldnt dream of it even if he wasnt in a nursing home and its an absolute disgrace etc

So yerman had a vote and the majority of his followers VOTED FOR HIM TO KEEP IMPERSONATING RETIRED CATWEASLE ACTOR

OMG

The reason I havent used the actors name is because I didnt know it beforehand and don't know it now..but I knew it for a week there

I unfollowed him so I don't know if he's still at it..I suspect he is

Absolutely

Twitter is a total shitshow tbh.

So much hatred and dank memes

Mostly hatred though.Its heralding in the end of the world I reckon.

I've a buddy who's in low level politics/public representation. The dude doesn't have more than 2000 followers and he gets at least one imitation account a year trying to fuck up his image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back