Just Finished Neverwhere, Best Gaiman Book I've Read (So Far) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 15704
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 0
D

Deleted member 15704

I've never been a huge Gaiman fan, but I've only read American Gods and Norse Mythology. One of my issues with American Gods is how colossal the scope feels, only to kind of peter out at the end. Neverwhere is opposite. It builds this small, intimate universe that's equal parts anxiety-inducing and grotesquely charming. The universe reminded me of the wackier portions of The Dark Tower universe, humorous situations with a sinister edge. The ending is more about the hero's journey that the surrounding plot (which is fascinating in its own right). The dialogue is also hilarious throughout, and lightens much of the constant tension of the plot. I'd definitely recommend for anyone looking for a dose of urban fantasy mixed with Alice In Wonderland vibes.

I've never been a huge Gaiman fan, but I've only read American Gods and Norse Mythology. One of my issues with American Gods is how colossal the scope feels, only to kind of peter out at the end. Neverwhere is opposite. It builds this small, intimate universe that's equal parts anxiety-inducing and grotesquely charming. The universe reminded me of the wackier portions of The Dark Tower universe, humorous situations with a sinister edge. The ending is more about the hero's journey that the surrounding plot (which is fascinating in its own right). The dialogue is also hilarious throughout, and lightens much of the constant tension of the plot. I'd definitely recommend for anyone looking for a dose of urban fantasy mixed with Alice In Wonderland vibes.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What's going on here...

I really loved Neverwhere when I read it, but that was maybe 10 years ago. And now I realise that I haven't a notion what happened in it, so that's probably indicative of something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back