chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
JULIA JACKLIN
OLYMPIA

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Julia Jacklin announced 2019 tour dates, including performances at Whelan’s in Dublin on Sat 30th Mar 2019.

She also announces her new album ‘Crushing’ out 22nd February on Transgressive records.

New single ‘Head Alone’ out now Julia Jacklin - Crushing

— — — — —

Australian singer-songwriter Julia Jacklin announces her new album, Crushing, will be released February 22nd, 2019, via Transgressive Records.

To celebrate the announcement Jacklin shares new single ‘Head Alone’. A pointed and electrifying anthem of refusal, she sings “I don’t want to be touched all the time / I raised my body up to be mine”.

Discussing the record, Jacklin offered the following;

I really like this album, I worked hard on it and I really like listening to it. That’s not usually how I feel after making something. I’ve finally come to accept that right now for me, making records is about capturing a time; who I am at that time, what I need to say in the best way I can say it, with minimal studio frills to cover it up. So I’m really happy to announce this one and ready for whatever things get thrown my way because of it. The cover was hard to figure out, seemed like I couldn’t think of what kind of image would represent the music in the right way. Hard deadlines always make me more creative surprisingly. I was on tour in the states with my best bud Nick Mckk who takes a lot of my photos, he took my first album cover. We pulled off the highway in Pennsylvania and found a town called Krumsville. There was an antique store with a very friendly owner who let us run free inside. I got the jumper made the day before in NYC, same day I decided on the album name. I think it works.

Crushing will be released February 22nd via Transgressive Records on limited edition vinyl, CD, Cassette and digital and is available to pre-order here: Julia Jacklin - Crushing

TICKETS €17 available online from WAV Tickets or Lo-Call 1890 200 078 (1-7pm M-F)

– 50c per ticket service charge applies on phone, internet or creditcard bookings. Final ticket price may be higher from other outlets.

Strictly over 18′s, I.D. may be required

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back