Julia Holter (1 Viewer)

I'm at one of them. Not sure how much of a fan I am, hoping the gig will decide for me.

Really excited about Sunday. The new album is slowly growing on me and Ekstasis was a ripper (haven't gotten around to Tragedy yet). Might go again on the Tuesday if it's good.

I was only vaguely aware of her but when the gig was announced every musician in Dublin exploded with excitement on twitter so i figured I should check her out properly.

I was only vaguely aware of her but when the gig was announced every musician in Dublin exploded with excitement on twitter so i figured I should check her out properly.
Haha, we're a fickle bunch. Cillian Murphy is a big fan apparently but I think this article might be as likely to turn your stomach as turn you:
Chosen One: Julia Holter | FRACTURED AIR

Really excited about Sunday. The new album is slowly growing on me and Ekstasis was a ripper (haven't gotten around to Tragedy yet). Might go again on the Tuesday if it's good.

I'm going to both. She strikes me as a bit of a music school brat but I think she's awesome all the same.

First thing I heard was tragedy, one dark evening when I was walking my dog. It freaked me the fuck out.

I saw her do a gig here last year, wasn't that familiar with her stuff and I mostly remember a lot of electric piano and reverby vocals that was initially intriguing and seemed to kind of blend together after a while. She was missing the drummer that normally plays with her if I recall correctly. Worth a look I reckon though.

I'm going to both. She strikes me as a bit of a music school brat but I think she's awesome all the same.

First thing I heard was tragedy, one dark evening when I was walking my dog. It freaked me the fuck out.
Good stuff, see you there. So should I be getting my hands on Tragedy quick smart?

I think it's terrific, does nothing to dampen my enthusiasm for her as favourite new musician of the decade.

In less skilled hands I'd have hated what she's been up to on the last pair of records but she makes it work.

I've listened to her and listened to her and seen her live and it's all very impressive but it still doesn't do much for me. So i'm probably just a bit frustrated : /

It's cool though, different strokes and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back