joey barton (1 Viewer)

jesus, de boer, i forgot about him. brian laudrup, basil boli, gascoigne...how did they afford all these players?

well, obviously they couldn't...i remember at the time celtic fans going nuts cos celtic refused to spend insanely. long termism, sadly lacking at most clubs.

Bartons an Idiot but a lot of people chose to take what he said out of context cos they already hate him. He said he would rather have one english cap AS AN ENGLISHMAN than several Irish caps - not that English caps were in anyway better than Irish ones. Why he went after poor ol matty holland though i have no idea. Hopefully Hughes can get more out of him than Warnock.

Why he went after poor ol matty holland though i have no idea. Hopefully Hughes can get more out of him than Warnock.

Barton either misunderstood or was misinformed about comments that Holland made on a podcast hosted by Gabriele Marcotti a couple of days after Barton was sent off for his "headbutt" against Norwich (?). Holland said that the ref's perception of a player often comes into play when it comes to asessing incidents and issuing cards, he said that there were a few things that he did in his career that deserved reds but because he had a bit of a nice guy image he got away with it "Joey Barton is that sort of player" so he got sent off, Barton reacted to the quote at context free face value and paid no heed to the tongue in cheek nature of the comment or that Holland was actually defending him.

Bartons an Idiot but a lot of people chose to take what he said out of context cos they already hate him. He said he would rather have one english cap AS AN ENGLISHMAN than several Irish caps - not that English caps were in anyway better than Irish ones. Why he went after poor ol matty holland though i have no idea. Hopefully Hughes can get more out of him than Warnock.

Nice to see you round these parts. Are you still in Berlin? How's things going over there?

I find Barton to be odious, but I have to admit I look at his tweets sometimes out of boredom. I think Hughes won't clamp down on his twitter habit as Tony F has the same problem. It was probably part of Hughes' contract negotiations that he was ok with twitter. I have to say, apart from the odd thing like the London Riots (and even then, youtube was way better), i think twitter is kinda daft. Warnock was probably sacked because of his lack of technological nous as much as anything. Good to see Buzsaky returning to form. One thing he has over Faurlin is his dead-ball ability.

Nice to see you round these parts. Are you still in Berlin? How's things going over there?

I find Barton to be odious, but I have to admit I look at his tweets sometimes out of boredom. I think Hughes won't clamp down on his twitter habit as Tony F has the same problem. It was probably part of Hughes' contract negotiations that he was ok with twitter. I have to say, apart from the odd thing like the London Riots (and even then, youtube was way better), i think twitter is kinda daft. Warnock was probably sacked because of his lack of technological nous as much as anything. Good to see Buzsaky returning to form. One thing he has over Faurlin is his dead-ball ability.

cheers man, yeah still here, tis great...looking forward to QPR playing against Chelsea in the 4th round next week (great to get em at home). 11 years to win a cup tie, bet there are plenty of old threads around here of us and stan bowles lamenting yet another pathetic cup defeat. I honestly find it hard to understand twitter, follow a good few footballers on it, never realised how important "banter" is to footballers, well that and nandos (chicken chain).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back