Joe O'Reilly (1 Viewer)

last week on rte they showed people queuing up outside the court form 8 o clock with their sambos trying to get a seat in the gallery...thats pretty fucked up..i think certain areas of the public have forgotten it's an actual murder we're talking about..

the late late show thing was fucked up but i read somewhere last week that it was engineered by the gardai so they could judge stuff like his body language over a continuous amount of time..and then after appealing for her killer to come forward and whatnot he went and spent the night at his bit on the sides house?what a fucking wanker..

i feel really sorry for rachels family though..imagine having to sit in a courtroom and hear all the shite some wanker said about yr kid..and then for him to have rang her and asked her mum to go to the house the day she was murdered..

i still think he'll get away with it though..dont know what kind of life he will have if he does though..i mean everyone pretty much has him pegged as guilty regardless..

The whole thing really reminds me of the OJ trial. If Joe O'Reilly didn't do it - who did?

That's not how it's supposed to work but. It's not up to O'Reilly to proove he didn't do it.

It's taken years for the case to come to trial, and this is the best they have? I was talking to a lawyer friend of mine last night and he said that it should never have got that far.

"Maman died today or yesterday maybe, I don't know. I got a telegram from the home, 'Mother deceased funeral tomorrow. Faithfully yours.' That doesn't mean anything. Maybe it was yesterday"

It's obvious that he's lying about his whereabouts on the morning of the murder. His magical flying mobile phone was close to the house while he was down in Phibsboro.

Means, motive and opportunity.

Allegedly

Of course all the salacious shit about the affair is only clouding the issue. The herald has become a real rag, heading toward the sewer at an alarming rate.

Allegedly

Unlike what we see on the telly about circumstantial evidence, most cases are won through circumstantial evidence, along with the the means, motive and opportunity. There is rarely a smoking gun. It's all about what adds up and whether or not it proves guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

No matter how bad it gets, no matter how fucked up yer wan may or may not have been, or if she's been playing away, no one deserves to be killed. This seems to have been committed because of greed.

That, plus the fact that he totally fucking did it, allegedly.

My god the jury has retired to a hotel :rolleyes:
That means that some of them think he's innocent !bog

I also thought Judge Mick the mick White was too genrous the way he explained the case to the jury !baggyyyy

My god the jury has retired to a hotel :rolleyes:
That means that some of them think he's innocent

Or else they just want to be sure. It's a high profile case. They'll be lambasted in the media if they let him go.

The thing I thought was strange was that they asked for a transcript of some of the evidence but weren't let. The judge had to read through it for them. Why's that? I know they probably saw it on the telly and thought they could do it. I'd love to know the legal reason for that. It would seem to be a bit weird, as someone's freedom is in the balance (and in the olden days, life). Does anyone know why?

i remember talking to someone who was on a jury where they filed into the room for deliberations, and the foreman said "right, everyone, he's guilty?"
everyone nodded assent, and he told them to sit tight for three hours chatting, cos the last thing they should be seen doing is reaching a conclusion within five minutes.

i remember talking to someone who was on a jury where they filed into the room for deliberations, and the foreman said "right, everyone, he's guilty?"
everyone nodded assent, and he told them to sit tight for three hours chatting, cos the last thing they should be seen doing is reaching a conclusion within five minutes.

Are Jury Deliberations subject to disclosure? Yer man could win an appeal based on that.

that's what i wondered. my colleague said he was astonished that the guy didn't plead guilty, the case was utterly watertight - he got a harsher sentence than if he'd just have owned up.

my brother was sequestered once, i think in the spa hotel in leixlip. a more complex case than the one above.

I've been saying he did it since the Late Late Show, but if you look at the whole thing objectively why WOULDN'T you lie about your whereabouts if

a: you were having an affair
b: you were emailing your sister saying your wife was a cunt etc.
c: your wife had just been murdered
d: you had two young children who's Ma just died

The bloke comes across as a prick. He's an unlikable man. But the prosecution have really come up with nothing.

I've watched loads of documentarys over the years about forensic investigation and they've found microscopic amounts of the victim's blood on clothes even after washing and on people's bodies and cars etc.

He needs to be directly linked to a murder weapon or the scene of the murder that day, otherwise it's ridiculous to convict him as he's being convicted on the personal opinions of others.

Is mise,

hershey.jpg

I've been saying he did it since the Late Late Show, but if you look at the whole thing objectively why WOULDN'T you lie about your whereabouts if

a: you were having an affair
b: you were emailing your sister saying your wife was a cunt etc.
c: your wife had just been murdered
d: you had two young children who's Ma just died

The bloke comes across as a prick. He's an unlikable man. But the prosecution have really come up with nothing.

I've watched loads of documentarys over the years about forensic investigation and they've found microscopic amounts of the victim's blood on clothes even after washing and on people's bodies and cars etc.

He needs to be directly linked to a murder weapon or the scene of the murder that day, otherwise it's ridiculous to convict him as he's being convicted on the personal opinions of others.

Is mise,

hershey.jpg

No way, Diddles. Hershey would convict on a whisper.

You seem to forget, Oirish Forensics are really just in their infancy. We don't have the ,er, money, to to get real gear and training. We finally got some decent DNA testing going on, but that's really about it. It's all DNA with these people. One day, DNA evidence will be rubbished.

More important is the Fibre Databases and Rifle databses and Blade databases. We still have to rely on foreigners for them. Remember how long it took for the DNA samples to be returned from London in the mAylin Rinn case? Shocking stuff altogether.

No way, Diddles. Hershey would convict on a whisper.

You seem to forget, Oirish Forensics are really just in their infancy. We don't have the ,er, money, to to get real gear and training. We finally got some decent DNA testing going on, but that's really about it. It's all DNA with these people. One day, DNA evidence will be rubbished.

More important is the Fibre Databases and Rifle databses and Blade databases. We still have to rely on foreigners for them. Remember how long it took for the DNA samples to be returned from London in the mAylin Rinn case? Shocking stuff altogether.
don't forget that britain would have had lots more murders than ireland; more per capita, and add to that a population over ten times our size. it's hardly surprising that we don't have huge databases or institutional knowledge of forensics of such thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back