Jobs (3 Viewers)

How do you change grade?

Like go from CO to AO?
Exams?

internal/"confined" competition yeah - to get the good stuff these days I think it's usually some manner of online exam/assessment process, and if you get through that you get called in to do another exam in person, then a job simulation exercise, then give a presentation based on material given to you on the day, and you finish with an interview with three people grilling you . A pretty full day.

The open competitions can be a mixed bag of shortlisting + interview only (yay) or some/all of the above, depending on post and level.

@pete
This is someone I know

I'm at Clerical Officer grade 3, as Garda Staff since November 2019. At same grade since May 2019 as Temp CO in SUSI, and then permanent CO in Customs, Revenue. I have people and project management experience, and I'm applying for higher grade positions.
My areas of interest are anything around rights and equality.
Strong research background in Traveller Ethnicity. Currently preparing personal interest research on Hate Speech from a sociolinguistics perspective. I have a SocSci Masters, and a BA Degree in Sociology & Linguistics.

Where should they be looking?
I mean - not that you should necessarily know - but who does most work with travelers?
Dept of Justice & Equality?

@pete
This is someone I know

Where should they be looking?
I mean - not that you should necessarily know - but who does most work with travelers?
Dept of Justice & Equality?

Probably... they should keep an eye out for Third Secretary/AP competitions in Foreign Affairs. The civil service traditionally didn’t give a fuck about qualifications beyond the level they were obtained at - zoologists put into IT jobs in irrelevant departments and the like because that’s where the next vacancy was.

Probably... they should keep an eye out for Third Secretary/AP competitions in Foreign Affairs. The civil service traditionally didn’t give a fuck about qualifications beyond the level they were obtained at - zoologists put into IT jobs in irrelevant departments and the like because that’s where the next vacancy was.
Thank you

I'm also getting a strong tone of someone who has trained zoologists in IT

They seem to be getting way stricter about this.
Made it to interview stage for EO and even though I had CO experience in the area they were hiring, my degree wasn’t the exact type they wanted.

Thank you

I'm also getting a strong tone of someone who has trained zoologists in IT

well, not a zoologist but not far off. He was way more educated than the rest of us but in a completely unrelated field (ho ho ho) but that's the civil service for you.

I think there’s a new Dublin EO panel due in the next few months.
The last one was almost 2 years ago and they normally last two years, right?

If your friend isnt in a rush right now, the new EO Dublin campaign will start in April and the job offers should start in September.
Revenue and DEASP will be taking on the majority of staff between them, but once they’re in the civil service they will be in a better position to move to the section they want.

If your friend isnt in a rush right now, the new EO Dublin campaign will start in April and the job offers should start in September.
Revenue and DEASP will be taking on the majority of staff between them, but once they’re in the civil service they will be in a better position to move to the section they want.
Good info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back