Jobs (4 Viewers)

Heh. Yeah, fair point.
I've tried it a few times, it didn't work. So far the only thing that works is the bike, and meds.

I suppose I'm not making the point very well. Obviously you need to have some money, I wasn't homeless so maybe I can't talk about being poor. But I'd be careful about thinking a "big" salary matters that much, in my experience it doesn't make a huge difference. I think there's lot of other things that can make a much bigger difference that might be much easier to achieve is what I'm trying to say.
All I ask for in life is the chance to prove that money doesn't make you happy

I'm half considering just becoming a primary school teacher like the rest of my family. Just have to get my Irish up from barely above nil to obnoxious twitter gaeilgeoir level.

Heh. Yeah, fair point.
I've tried it a few times, it didn't work. So far the only thing that works is the bike, and meds.

I suppose I'm not making the point very well. Obviously you need to have some money, I wasn't homeless so maybe I can't talk about being poor. But I'd be careful about thinking a "big" salary matters that much, in my experience it doesn't make a huge difference. I think there's lot of other things that can make a much bigger difference that might be much easier to achieve is what I'm trying to say.
I hope you're doing okay Phil. We must chat soon!

I'm half considering just becoming a primary school teacher like the rest of my family. Just have to get my Irish up from barely above nil to obnoxious twitter gaeilgeoir level.

In one of my other roles I interview teachers for jobs. When it gets to the Irish language section of the interview...
motherofgod.jpg

I'm gonna be a trucker!

I've thought long and hard about it and the simple fact of the matter is I don't like thinking long and hard...unless its about the obvious only thing I'm interested in obviously

Just give me the open road ,some podcasts and radio 4 and a lyric to work on and I'm gonna be golden! Acoustic guitar in the cab for break time

10 4!

I'm gonna be a trucker!

I've thought long and hard about it and the simple fact of the matter is I don't like thinking long and hard...unless its about the obvious only thing I'm interested in obviously

Just give me the open road ,some podcasts and radio 4 and a lyric to work on and I'm gonna be golden! Acoustic guitar in the cab for break time

10 4!
My cousin is a truck driver. I think he deals with recruitment and training. I can put you in touch with him if you like.

My cousin is a truck driver. I think he deals with recruitment and training. I can put you in touch with him if you like.
OMG yeah...I will definitely take you up on this soon as I complete my forthcoming trucking course!

3 months

In second class we did the "what do you want to be when you grow up" thing. Ice Cream Man or Truck Driver.
When my youngest was in playschool she always said she wanted to be a crocodile. Said we could come and visit her in the zoo. They made a little booklet thing when all the kids were going to big school with a photo and some stuff about each kid - one of the sections was "what I want to be when I grow up" and it was all "footballer", "princess" etc, except for my daughter - "crocodile"

I watched an episode of Fat Mike's show where he spoke to kids and they were all "the president", "cure cancer" and stuff like that. His response was something like cop on with that shit. Learn how to fix things, be a mechanic etc. It was cool. The rest of the programme was total garbage though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back