Jobs (3 Viewers)

My friend wants to change careers at 38. He currently works in mental health but wants to get into tv and film. I think he’s mad. He has very little experience in this area and he’d have to start off as a runner working alongside 22 year olds for £15,000 a year. Anyone on here changed careers in their 30s?

started a trade apprenticeship 3 years ago at the age of 29.
wish id had done it ten years ago. still well worth it.

started a trade apprenticeship 3 years ago at the age of 29.
wish id had done it ten years ago. still well worth it.
Yeah, I quit my job in finance at 28, and moved to London to work in video. Started out doing unpaid internships and five years later I’m doing well as an assistant producer. Don’t think I’d do it now at 33 though, let alone 38.

@pete

Shortlisted for interview for the one I want most. (The other one, they're still going through the applications.)

I know these jobs used to be "political appointments".....is that still the case at all, would you have any idea? Please and thanking you.

Those days are long gone.

Those days are long gone.

Pete, I interviewed last Thursday morning, on the way out I asked the lady who'd been taking notes when I would hear back. "Within the week" she said.
Haven't heard a dickie bird. And it's killing me. Would a quick call after lunch to HR to find out when they think they
will know be acceptable?

Pete, I interviewed last Thursday morning, on the way out I asked the lady who'd been taking notes when I would hear back. "Within the week" she said.
Haven't heard a dickie bird. And it's killing me. Would a quick call after lunch to HR to find out when they think they
will know be acceptable?
Can't hurt. It is their job, after all...

Is this not the same as the job you left?

Some kind of civil service officer?

I thought you hated it.

It's a level below so a lot more relaxed. And it was really my bully of a boss coupled with a ridiculous workload that made me hate the civil service. This job would be perfect for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back