Jobs (3 Viewers)

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2022
Employer: Department of Public Expenditure and Reform​

This sounds pretty difficult, if I'm honest
What do EOs make?

Executive Officers are engaged in critical analysis of proposals and reports and in examining the more complex, non-routine cases on which decisions are required. They are involved in a wide range of roles and activities, including: researching and drafting proposals relating to policy issues and legislation; acting as junior managers in Government Departments; responsibilities for managing operations and, after some experience, large numbers of people and other resources; dealing directly with the public in support of services provided to them by the Civil Service.

I think most of this "won't get up at 7am" is a bunch of goddamn hooey. Hooey, sir.
Old lads love saying this crap.

But the fact that there are apprenticeships going begging is a real shame.
These are great jobs and great careers.
Electricians are basically magicians walking among us. Plumbers are sorcerers that can control the elements of this earth.

If you know a young lad or lass that needs a gig, they could do far far worse than get a trade.
You worried they won't be able to afford a house in the future - get a trade. They'll be able to afford one.

I think most of this "won't get up at 7am" is a bunch of goddamn hooey. Hooey, sir.
Old lads love saying this crap.

But the fact that there are apprenticeships going begging is a real shame.
These are great jobs and great careers.
Electricians are basically magicians walking among us. Plumbers are sorcerers that can control the elements of this earth.

If you know a young lad or lass that needs a gig, they could do far far worse than get a trade.
You worried they won't be able to afford a house in the future - get a trade. They'll be able to afford one.

And if they get sick of the place and want to fuck off elsewhere the skills are hihgly valuable and easily transferrable.

This one’s a bit niche but I’ve seen some of the work these guys do being exhibited and it’s seriously impressive.

Craft Stonemason & Stonecutter in Building Maintenance Service, Dublin

Need three years work experience in the field apparently. I had a funny application to Glasnevin Stone last year where yer wan, this tough old working class Dublin broad with an incongruous British surname, doing the interview spent the duration of said interview convincing me not to take the job.

"Oh, he's tough. He's tough, yes", she remarked, and encouraged me to join the civil service instead as if it was only a matter of walking in the door there.

This is the impossible part of apprenticeships when you're older - the perceived inconceivability of you taking shit gladly off some lad perhaps even younger than you.

A really smug friend of mine who's in the Civil Service said when I asked him for advice, "just don't turn up drunk and you'll be fine." I didn't get the chance - it was a zoom interview.

Being back in this country, I'm starting to feel like that Yosser Hughes bloke Bernard Hill used to play in the 80s.

Need three years work experience in the field apparently. I had a funny application to Glasnevin Stone last year where yer wan, this tough old working class Dublin broad with an incongruous British surname, doing the interview spent the duration of said interview convincing me not to take the job.

"Oh, he's tough. He's tough, yes", she remarked, and encouraged me to join the civil service instead as if it was only a matter of walking in the door there.

This is the impossible part of apprenticeships when you're older - the perceived inconceivability of you taking shit gladly off some lad perhaps even younger than you.

A really smug friend of mine who's in the Civil Service said when I asked him for advice, "just don't turn up drunk and you'll be fine." I didn't get the chance - it was a zoom interview.

Being back in this country, I'm starting to feel like that Yosser Hughes bloke Bernard Hill used to play in the 80s.
My advice is to always keep plugging away on the CS applications. Get registered on publicjobs.ie for every category you even think you might be interested in - there’s always stuff coming up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back