joanna newsom " Ys " (1 Viewer)

the departed

dying to hear this. apparantly its only got 6 songs. the longest is 16mins and the shortest is 7mins! and its not just her and harp anymore, its got all classic baroque-esque arrangements...
sounds very intruiging..

and also bill callahan is definately with her at the minute.
so thats cat power AND joanna newsom.
what a prick.
:eek:

fuck. i just heard the Milk Eyed Mender for the first time today. have heard it many times since. Fucking Brilliant. dont usually like 4-year-old-girl style singing but this is fucking class. Is the new one in shops already?

sweet. just looked up about it there, steve albini engineer, jim o rourke produced. you heard it yet?

sweet. just looked up about it there, steve albini engineer, jim o rourke produced. you heard it yet?
yes, downloaded it a while ago. its exceptionally awesome. i can't get over how great it is. everyone i've asked what they think about it has started off their sentence with their jaw dropped, trying to explain how good they think it is. i'm going into town to spend my tower vouchers on it durin the week

joanna newsom, steve albini, jim o'rourke and van dyke parks! it doesnt get much better than that!!!
im downloading it at the moment, only because i wont be back in work until tuesday to buy it ( i manage a record-shop) and i NEED to have it but, alas, forgot to pick it up today! short-staff-ness erodes the memory!!
what ive listened to in work sounds like a beautiful mix of kate bush, early joni mitchell and bjork :)

ps: is it ok to compare joanna newsom to things?! shes pretty unique and i dont wanna start all the journalists here off on a mad one! .|..|

ps: is it ok to compare joanna newsom to things?!

i compare her to lisa simpson whenever the opportunity arises.

Her voice drills a a hole in my head and leaves a large weeping wound. The music if beautiful but I honestly cannot stand hearing her sing.

im on your side roxy, except a little bit farther over probably.

Listening to it at the mo. Great stuff. I understand why her voice wouldnt be to everyones taste though. She's bloody gorgeous aswell. That Mr Smog is a very lucky man. Bastard.
indeed. she thanks all the usuals in the inlay card. and then she gives 'special thanks' to 'Billy,.......'

wonder whether Billy is Bill Of Smog. he did cat power too. what a bastard. a complete bastard

Bill Smog, I just don't get it, on any level.

Anyway, Ys, crazy arrangements (on the first track at least), will have to pick up a copy of this once I have some money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back