Jimmy Page, Jack White and The Edge - It might get loud. (1 Viewer)

prefuse

Threads
The Edge-stinking up the joint.
I like the edge. He's inventive, or he has been in the past. Obviously heavy reliant on effects, but he is making an effort to use new sounds and technology.

Jack White is a talented guy but I find his guitar playing a bit too crash, bang wallop. A bit too frantic and lacking in detail for me.

Jimmy Page would be a favourite. Brilliant in the studio as a compositional guitarist and over dubber (although I think Johnny Marr is the best orchestrator of guitar parts) But live, Pagey's 10 minute guitar solo's can be painful.

GARYXKNIFEDX

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
I like the edge. He's inventive, or he has been in the past. Obviously heavy reliant on effects, but he is making an effort to use new sounds and technology.
I've never been a believer in traits like that being important in music. Good=good and bad=bad, I put U2 in the bad category.
And there's no room for argument.

Lolo

Supporter
Since 2000
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
The Edge and Kevin Shields - who would win in a suburban Dublin guitar boy effects-off? Discuss.

Moods For Mallards

Threads
That movie doesn't seem to be about anything in particular other than the three lads meeting up. Hmmm. Must see it.
The Edge is a a bit of a chancer in that company.

mr pharmacist!!!!1

Threads
id say jack white is the chancer. that edge lad can play more chords than b.b king
ha! yeah, bb king to the edge during rattle and ham, "im horrible with chords"

surely this can't be any worse than the absolute cringefest that was rattle and hum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads