Jaysus cycling! (7 Viewers)

205280_3-4.jpg

Yo flashback,

this is what my mate with the Terry Dolan got except with full Dura Ace instead of Campag Record group.

7000 sterling.
5.9kgs

I finally started cycling again today after maybe 10 years. I was wrecked even after a really short journey. Seems to take way more outta ya than I recall. Gears are a pain too. Made me realise how unfit I am, which makes sense since I started cycling to get fit. I eventually wanna be able to cycle the 5 miles to college and then back but I guess I'm going to have to build up to that sort of distant slowly enough.

Has all this high falutin' bike talk put you off yet? :)

When did the Raleigh Burner stop being the king of bikes?

To make sure I don't succumb to laziness my brother in law is cycling over here at 9-10am in the morning to make sure we go on a good long cycle. Schnell!

When I get some money together I'm gonna get one of these two beauties:

I'm gonna stick with the trek 1200 I have for road use.

7000 sterling.
5.9kgs

Fuck. ing. Hell.

14 thousand dollars that is.
For a bike. Oh man.
My mates Cervelo was insane money too. I got my yoke for 5 hundred pounds... of a mate of a mate who rode for a team in Belgium, crashed his bike 2 weeks before the contract was up, got given a new bike, which he rode for about a month, and then sold it to me to what he paid the team for it.
5 hundred. Sound.
I basically never got used to riding with the senior lads. 30 something mph gallops, rolling on to the front. Jesus man. Too hard for me.
Fair play to your mate.

Oh, lads, by the way, get one of the new split saddles. Better for the old block and tackle.

This sort of thing:
p013440.jpg

ah actually it's just a single speed I like freewheeling hills way too much
to get a fixie even though I love the whole idea of them, I also value
me knees!

The fella gets some awful unholy cracking sounds from one knee after years
on a fixie.

Dont worry about your knees. They will be grand. In fact riding a fixer is very good for you, it forces you to keep your legs moving.
Some of the lads at the club would put fixers on to get their fitness up on flat spins.

If you dont get that bike, make sure to always push light gears, spin the pedals. Watch any stage of a bike race, and watch the rate the pedal. Light and quick, that's what keeps your knees in good shape.

You should through on a cheap pair of SPDs too, get used to riding with proper pedals and shoes, it makes a huge difference, and does you all sorts of favours.

bike.jpg

santa claus will be bringing me one of these this year sometime methinks. Its the canyon Ultimate CF 5.0. Its the lowest end of the CF range, but its seriously well specc'd (full carbon, full ultegra - an extra 500 euro for a full dura ace version).

They have deadly bikes on there, and seem cheaper than equivalent spec'd bikes in the shops here. They sell on the internet only and are being used by the much maligned unibet.com team in the pro ranks this year.

Currently have a Giant TCR2, which is a grand entry-level bike, but now my eyes are getting bigger than my belly and I fancy a fancier set of wheels!.

You should through on a cheap pair of SPDs too, get used to riding with proper pedals and shoes, it makes a huge difference, and does you all sorts of favours.

Agree with this. Have upgraded from SPD's to Look KEOs recently. SPDs are a good place to start.

I can't wait til this thread turns into a discussion about how best to shave one's legs!!

Well it is coming into the summer after all and the leg warmers will soon have to be shed, so it may be high time to invest in the Veet (ow!) !

Agree with this. Have upgraded from SPD's to Look KEOs recently. SPDs are a good place to start.

I can't wait til this thread turns into a discussion about how best to shave one's legs!!

Well it is coming into the summer after all and the leg warmers will soon have to be shed, so it may be high time to invest in the Veet (ow!) !

I know SPDs make sense, but will have to wait until I have a second bike, when I'm heading into town I generally am sporting some type of lady shoe which
I know from experience are a demon on SPDs -waaay slippy even on a short spin,
I'd be too lazy to carry a change of footwear around everywhere.

All these bikes making me want one a new set of wheels, have a BH roadbike that is grand but would like something fancier at some stage in the near future!

it's a shame there's always a much smaller selection of road bikes specifically for the lady use than for the fellas... less chance of picking up a bargain methinks..

know a few guys who's gotten tons knocked off various makes from bianchi to others (I can't recall) on evanscycles.com no such luck for us lasses.

any suggestions for the good deals? Brian ?

I know SPDs make sense, but will have to wait until I have a second bike, when I'm heading into town I generally am sporting some type of lady shoe which
I know from experience are a demon on SPDs -waaay slippy even on a short spin,
I'd be too lazy to carry a change of footwear around everywhere.

oh, if you're cycling around town, just go for the normal flat pedals. It'd be way too much hassle clipping in and out the whole time. Thats what I have on my work bike (hybrid). I have the KEO's on the road bike which I only use for longer, non-city, spins.

oh, if you're cycling around town, just go for the normal flat pedals. It'd be way too much hassle clipping in and out the whole time. Thats what I have on my work bike (hybrid). I have the KEO's on the road bike which I only use for longer, non-city, spins.

when i get a second one that will be the idea all right!:)

I still mourn the loss of my Raleigh Ravine. It was the best bike in the world. Only small it was.
i had a raleigh strika. a yellow one. bloody brilliant bike. i was the wheelie champion on our road. i once pulled a wheelie and the front wheel fell off. longest wheelie i've ever pulled.

Progress Report: We cycled 5 miles/ 8 km around Swords down to Emmaus and back. I was less wrecked by it than I thought I would. Only bad thing that happened was some guy outside the courthouse said "Hi Chubbs", although maybe he was being affectionate.

I got my bike free. It's really heavy but solid which is good because I'm really heavy. I think eventually I'll invest in a snazzy one but walk before ya run and all that.

I'm also gonna get a icepop so i can get the stick and put it in the spokes, it'll make my bike sound like a motorbike!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back