Jaysus cycling! (2 Viewers)

my road bike:

td105zy6.jpg

How are those wheels?
Do you do any racing or anything?
I have never put any serious miles into anything other than egg beater wheels. I would like to give those wheels a go.

What pedals did you stick on it?
Loads of lads are using speedplay's now. I like LOOK still. Meh. Speedplays are nice looking though.

What frame is that? Its not a Bianchi. But, its Bianchi colours. Weird.

How are those wheels?
I have never put any serious miles into anything other than egg beater wheels. I would like to give those wheels a go.

Loads of lads are using speedplay's now. I like LOOK still. Meh. Speedplays are nice looking though.

Terry Dolan,English frame builder.My mate is selling a different Terry Dolan frame with carbon stays and full 05 Ultegra for 900 euro.......very tempting.
Your're not talking about those old speedplay frogs are you?They are manky.
Look classic carbons are cool.Inspector Horse that posts here just got a pair.

Terry Dolan,English frame builder.My mate is selling a different Terry Dolan frame with carbon stays and full 05 Ultegra for 900 euro.......very tempting.
Your're not talking about those old speedplay frogs are you?They are manky.
Look classic carbons are cool.Inspector Horse that posts here just got a pair.

That's dirt cheap. 900 euro?. Sake. Buy it if you have the cash.

I was talking about the Zeros. A load of lads seem to ride them.
SPEZEROTITCSCG.jpg

They look funky.

My mates all rode Time, and I always prefered looks. I am going to get fit again, and take out my mates race prepped Cervelo out. He has the trciky wheels on it, 16 spokers. See how that feels.
cervelo-efikce.jpg

heh heh heh heh.

hhhm I find myself very attracted to these bikes http://www.altabikes.no/

alta_bike.jpg

loverly colours love the green hhhm.

That seems to be a fixer.
Ie you cannot freewheel that bike, you must always pedal, and have one gear only. You would want to know you are not going to be going up any hils on that thing.

Unless you are Sean Kelly and you spin up the Wicklow gap in your big ring.

That's dirt cheap. 900 euro?. Sake. Buy it if you have the cash.

I was talking about the Zeros. A load of lads seem to ride them.
SPEZEROTITCSCG.jpg

They look funky.

My mates all rode Time, and I always prefered looks. I am going to get fit again, and take out my mates race prepped Cervelo out. He has the trciky wheels on it, 16 spokers. See how that feels.
cervelo-efikce.jpg

heh heh heh heh.

Time trialer?
Yeah If I can twist somebodies arm for a loan after my finals I will.
Used to race mountain bikes but want to start riding road aswell.

That seems to be a fixer.
Ie you cannot freewheel that bike, you must always pedal, and have one gear only. You would want to know you are not going to be going up any hils on that thing.

Unless you are Sean Kelly and you spin up the Wicklow gap in your big ring.

ah actually it's just a single speed I like freewheeling hills way too much
to get a fixie even though I love the whole idea of them, I also value
me knees!

The fella gets some awful unholy cracking sounds from one knee after years
on a fixie.

i agree with sarah, it's definitely possible to be capable of cycling around for quite a distance without actually being particularly fit. swimming or running (or cycling while deliberately pushing your limit to raise the heartrate) is important for the old cardio-vascular health.

thirding this, and it doesn't help that if you're nervous/law-abiding, it's hard to build up much speed in the city before something slows you down again. for me, i'm fitter than i was without cycling, and i have some anomalously fucking awesome leg muscles, but the last time i tried running i nearly coughed up a lung within minutes, and it's taking ages to build up cardiovascular fitness with swimming.

i started cycling about three years ago and was, like everyone else has said, amazed how quickly it went from being excruciating to grand. i rarely get time to cycle for any reason other than commuting, but i have grand plans for the summer.

enough of the essay. this is my bike:

ladies' frames: friends to skirts and vertigo. :heart:

How are those wheels?

eh... round.
never did any racing. to my shame, that bike hasn't been used once in over six months. i put SPD pedals on it.

bought the bike in cycleways - it was a shop build.

205280_3-4.jpg

Yo flashback,

this is what my mate with the Terry Dolan got except with full Dura Ace instead of Campag Record group.

Yes.
But is he happy?

Savage looking bike alright. Thats a carbon frame right? I would take the Dura Ace over Record too. Both are fucking amazing though.

This is my old wheels... more or less, my bike had a lot of Campag Record on itt, and was generally nicer. And was red. .|..|
Back in the day it was a savage bike. Really short wheel base, look how short it is Brian man, (and mine was even shorter than the version below) I could flick it about in sprints, and very stiff frame. The Ergo Power gears won me a couple of sprints that I had no right to win. (The other lads were still on the old style shifters.)

r800_001L.jpg

i have some anomalously fucking awesome leg muscles, but the last time i tried running i nearly coughed up a lung within minutes, and it's taking ages to build up cardiovascular fitness with swimming.

I have pretty small legs... apart from one muscle, which is freakish when i get fit. The sort of short diamond shape muscle just over you knee on the inside of your leg. The Vastus Medialus or something.
My legs never got big big, even when I was doing 500 miles per week. I am basically slightly weedy, no matter what I do.
I love girls with meaty calves. I have a big calf fetish.

I have pretty small legs... apart from one muscle, which is freakish when i get fit. The sort of short diamond shape muscle just over you knee on the inside of your leg. The Vastus Medialus or something.
My legs never got big big, even when I was doing 500 miles per week. I am basically slightly weedy, no matter what I do.
I love girls with meaty calves. I have a big calf fetish.

you sicko!:p

I'm always jealous of all those weedy guys with skinny legs, mine go
mad muscly and look all weird with girly dresses. ho hum

you sicko!:p

I'm always jealous of all those weedy guys with skinny legs, mine go
mad muscly and look all weird with girly dresses. ho hum

Seriously. Nice ankles, and thick calves are the way to go. Yummy.

My sisters hated seeing me walking about with shorts on though. They told me that I looked like I had two knees, one of which was dislocated. If their friends came over they demanded I "cover that knee shit up".

Freaking out little sisters and their mates. Deadly.

Yes.
But is he happy?

Savage looking bike alright. Thats a carbon frame right? I would take the Dura Ace over Record too. Both are fucking amazing though.

This is my old wheels... more or less, my bike had a lot of Campag Record on itt, and was generally nicer. And was red. .|..|
Back in the day it was a savage bike. Really short wheel base, look how short it is Brian man, (and mine was even shorter than the version below) I could flick it about in sprints, and very stiff frame. The Ergo Power gears won me a couple of sprints that I had no right to win. (The other lads were still on the old style shifters.)

r800_001L.jpg

it looks as if its doing bout 60kph even when stationary:)

it looks as if its doing bout 60kph even when stationary:)

I never crashed it either.
Well proud of myself.

I used to ride in from Dublin to college in Maynooth and hide it on campus to get miles in on the week days.
Deadly bike.
I think billy gannon took it out for a spin one time. He said that it went by itself, he was a passenger. One of the lads anyway.
Conti grand prix tyres at 100psi. Class. I miss the that bike now.

I never crashed it either.
Well proud of myself.

I used to ride in from Dublin to college in Maynooth and hide it on campus to get miles in on the week days.
Deadly bike.
I think billy gannon took it out for a spin one time. He said that it went by itself, he was a passenger. One of the lads anyway.
Conti grand prix tyres at 100psi. Class. I miss the that bike now.

im getting about 150 - 200kms a week on this done, just replacing parts with better ones as i go (and saving a bit here and there for something real nice)

its light though and has served me well for the past year, also i'd hate to damage something more expensive riding in and out of town each day.

think ill keep this one for commuting and buy a better one for weekends.

brianoak's also talkin bout getting a road bike so the km's should increase having someone to spin with (well thats the plan)

ps. stop laughing at my couch saddle:)

463330747_afc7472797_o.jpg

brianoak's also talkin bout getting a road bike so the km's should increase having someone to spin with (well thats the plan)

ps. stop laughing at my couch saddle:)

I rode with an old turbomatic for years. Whatever's comfortable is cool.

q_sella_matic_titan.jpg

You should join a club maybe... that will push the miles up.
I used to go out with Sorrento as well as a couple of lads I knew.
Then I went riding with this greek womans team coach dude that was in Ireland for some reason.
Club spins are good fun. But, at this point they will be all very serious, ripping along and things.
Over the winter though we would have deadly spins, motoring through all these little towns when everyone is coming out of Mass and come home manky and wrecked and starving.
Edit, you will also sit in to the pack more, so you can do easy miles, and you will learn about how to ride in groups, and get used to a bit of pushing and argy bargy and elbows in the ribs at high speeds and things...

Yo flashback that still looks awesome.

Thats the wrong frame I posted about my mates bike,its actually CRS1 he has with ksyriums and not dura ace wheel set:)..
still though.
Yeah he is happy,he was junior time trial champion 2 years ago so he is just getting used to riding seniors.

Did they take espoir from road racing?
I cant remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back