Jaysus cycling! (3 Viewers)

i think i've just finished the best week yet for me on the bike, 327km done. was chasing a lot of roads i'd not been on before, and that included some roads i'd avoided, and i was reminded why i avoided several of them, the number of fast close passes was nuts.
this morning, i had the rather unnerving experience of a driver abandoning a late overtaking attempt behind me because of oncoming traffic, and could hear his wheels break traction for about half a second as he braked hard.

there's a lad in london calling himself Cycling Mikey who videos drivers using their phones, etc., and then reports them to the police. he can be a bit dull and earnest, not exactly riveting viewing, but this one is a little special.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

there's a lad in london calling himself Cycling Mikey who videos drivers using their phones, etc., and then reports them to the police. he can be a bit dull and earnest, not exactly riveting viewing, but this one is a little special.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He is tedious. But he likes to hang in a very posh corner of central London, so he catches privileged pricks. Which I'm ok with, he probably wouldn't last long telling people off around here.

That dude he was talking to there though FFS, generations of inbreeding made him.

Tories trot this bollocks out every so often.

UK is an a fucking shambles, Brexit is a joke, the UK gov are a joke. They need something to scapegoat their staggeringly massive piles of incompetence onto. Cyclists will do fine.

Like, say what you will about FF/FG/Shinners and so on, but fuck me, at least they're not Tories.

someone has put a price on my head. three near misses in the space of 50km this evening; all involving motorists pulling out of side roads onto the one i'm on and not looking properly. at least one had the good grace to panic slightly when he copped i was there, swerve, and possibly crap his tyre out on a kerb.

the cycle didn't start well either, a lad in a white van heading towards me started beeping, and i had no idea why until he gave me the fingers as he was passing. i've no idea why*

*he was a cunt, that's why

What a bunch of retrograde bullshit

All meant to appease the angry shitheads that are stuck in their cars and hate joy

Speed limits exist because of the damage that 2 ton metal boxes do
yea, they put this shit out there to see if it will get traction from their racist, nazi hate-filled cunt of supporters. They obviously think the venn diagram of nazis/racists/brexity fucks/anti-cyclists is a circle. Fucking cunts the lot of them.

it's kinda funny, the usual 'small government/remove regulation/let me live my life without oversight' crowd have a surprisingly large intersection with the 'operating a 10kg machine must be subject to far more control' crowd.

Also bear in mind, insurance companies have been throwing money at cycling in ireland for the past few years. they see the cushy car owner market dwindling and are astro turfing to fuck up cycling instead.

Mad that ebikes are gonna be speed limited but eh, every car on the market can pretty much double the speed limit but who cares

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back