Jaysus cycling! (6 Viewers)

never tried. though it seems it's down to how decent the cop you report it to is. i'm not sure how seriously they'll take it unless you have video footage too.

Today's attempted murder was a guy in a 25 seater bus trying to road rage me off the road - I'm 100% happy to head to the cops and report this kind of craic. Anyone ever done this?
I did it once in the US when a Roadstone type MAC Truck tried to take me out, and was roaring at me for cycling on the road (not the path). Clipped me and wobbled me, I caught up with him at lights and took a photo.

Dunno, just a smell of complete waste of time about the whole thing. I told the cop that they're going to be washing a corpse off the road with this guy, he's going to hit someone. They don't really care, but said he'd put a call into the construction company when I bugged him about that. But yeah, I don't really expect anything happened.

speaking of houses in odd places, there's a house on the left, halfway between the featherbeds and the turnoff for Glencree that I never noticed before last weekend. Its an old looking house and I am almost certain it was never there before. I was wondering if it was something to do with that film they were making around the hellfire club over the last while. Its by a bog road, so thats plausible. I might walk up to it at the weekend for a closer look.
Finally investigated this properly yesterday evening. The house is, indeed, part of a movie set. The movie is a Netflix thing called 'The Wonder', starring Florence Pugh and, apparently, base on an Emma Donoghue book.

It looks great. Little turf stacks scattered about, a little pig pen out front, and a water pump out back. The house itself is made from fibreglass, and there's nothing inside except for scaffolding, so its clearly only outdoor shots they're doing in that spot. Was something else up there last night on that lovely evening we had. Theres one trailer there, and a bunch of golf buggies they use, I presume, for ferrying the actors to/from the set.

Its worth going up for the look before they tear it down again.

Car bother has me back cycling to work by force and it's great. I barely want to fix the car tbh.

I still didn't fix the car - i will eventually but I'm trying to hit the full 4 weeks of the month doing everything on a bike. I used a loaner car one day and got a pay as you go car twice to cover pre-booked trips. Interesting to see how much I actually *need* the car, though I do *want* to go to the beach more.

Finally investigated this properly yesterday evening. The house is, indeed, part of a movie set. The movie is a Netflix thing called 'The Wonder', starring Florence Pugh and, apparently, base on an Emma Donoghue book.

It looks great. Little turf stacks scattered about, a little pig pen out front, and a water pump out back. The house itself is made from fibreglass, and there's nothing inside except for scaffolding, so its clearly only outdoor shots they're doing in that spot. Was something else up there last night on that lovely evening we had. Theres one trailer there, and a bunch of golf buggies they use, I presume, for ferrying the actors to/from the set.

Its worth going up for the look before they tear it down again.

Sounds cool. Where's me photos!?

I was working next to Wash Sq park when they were filming some zombie film with Will Smith, but they had the whole place mental looking for the film. It was interesting watching them build the whole thing up. Really post apocalyptic vibes off it once they were done, especially when you're walking home after work and they have the cool lighting rigs set up.

The security on the place was a bit OTT though. My mate's dog wandered somewhere they'd decided was out of bounds and he nearly got the head battered off him by an absolute beast of a security guard. Although my mate is from Tallaght and outlined very clearly his opinions on the matter.

Sounds cool. Where's me photos!?

I was working next to Wash Sq park when they were filming some zombie film with Will Smith, but they had the whole place mental looking for the film. It was interesting watching them build the whole thing up. Really post apocalyptic vibes off it once they were done, especially when you're walking home after work and they have the cool lighting rigs set up.

The security on the place was a bit OTT though. My mate's dog wandered somewhere they'd decided was out of bounds and he nearly got the head battered off him by an absolute beast of a security guard. Although my mate is from Tallaght and outlined very clearly his opinions on the matter.
the security last night was some lad sitting on the step of his hut vaping and chatting to everyone going by.

I didn't take photos. I never take photos. I'm shit at taking photos.

the security last night was some lad sitting on the step of his hut vaping and chatting to everyone going by.

I didn't take photos. I never take photos. I'm shit at taking photos.

Being shit at taking photos never stopped me.

I saw the massive bouncer types, and just avoided them. The dog saw a squirrel or something and shot off, and crossed into somewhere for a moment. We got him back, no stress, but the guard lad had a bit of a go at the dog, and a go at my mate. I was slowly backing away, no trouble here boss style, and my mate just went into full hair dryer mode, fucking unloading on the poor cunt.

The bouncer guy was standing, towering above him, WTF?, silent, ever so slightly leaning back. I knew my mate was pissed off because he'd dropped back into impenetrable Dublin accent, and I think there'd been a bit of irritation in the preceding days leading up. I don't think the guard even understood half of what was said. It was like one of those birds tweeting at some massive animal, and it has no idea what to do here.

Funny in hindsight.

Being shit at taking photos never stopped me.

I saw the massive bouncer types, and just avoided them. The dog saw a squirrel or something and shot off, and crossed into somewhere for a moment. We got him back, no stress, but the guard lad had a bit of a go at the dog, and a go at my mate. I was slowly backing away, no trouble here boss style, and my mate just went into full hair dryer mode, fucking unloading on the poor cunt.

The bouncer guy was standing, towering above him, WTF?, silent, ever so slightly leaning back. I knew my mate was pissed off because he'd dropped back into impenetrable Dublin accent, and I think there'd been a bit of irritation in the preceding days leading up. I don't think the guard even understood half of what was said. It was like one of those birds tweeting at some massive animal, and it has no idea what to do here.

Funny in hindsight.
yer lucky he didn't pull out a gun and just shoot you both

had a very brief chat with Se O'Hanlon while out on the bike earlier. he's some man for one man, recently turned 80, still goes out for his daily spin.
I was on some class of hard ride when I was 18 or 19, falling off the back of the group and Shay was the last man in it. He told me to get on his fucking wheel, shut the fuck up, and stay there.

And I did. Pretty much no one interacted with me that whole day as I was a little bollix, but as soon as Shay saw me about to corpse it, he instructed me not to. He's some man alright.

had a very brief chat with Se O'Hanlon while out on the bike earlier. he's some man for one man, recently turned 80, still goes out for his daily spin.
those auld codgers are amazing.

I was out on a spin a few years ago and stopped in Laragh for coffee. It was busy and there weren't any tables free. I had one, and saw this auld lad looking for a place to sit, so I called him over to sit with me. We got chatting and he told me he was just back from a week's cycling in Lanzarote. He was mid-70s to early 80s I reckoned.

Anyway, the following day Liege-Bastonne-Liege was on so I told him I was looking forward to watching it. He said he'd be watching it too, that he always liked it since he rode it.

I had to do a double-take. Did he just say he rode it? Turned out he was a pro for years. Shay Elliott's best mate. He was on the same team as Bahamontes for years. I was telling him about stuff I was reading in the Shay Elliott book and he responded, oh yeah, I told the author all that stuff.

I had a newfound respect for auld codgers after that. Peter Crinnion was yer man's name.

I have fallen off the bike at Luas tracks, I have witnessed people fall off at Luas tracks, and I have had to help someone who fell off at Luas tracks get to hospital. They are lethal. I mean, lesson learned the first time in my case and I was lucky I wasn't hurt but... man.

Got to an island off Murano and the main island off Venice today and it's gas to see bicycles again. €100 fine for cycling in Venice.
I was in Venice a few days after this post. Noticed a few Irish there actually. I didn't do Murano although I did check out Burano. Bastard mozzies loved me there.

Oh but anyway cycling in Venice would be one of the most fucking pointless things ever, you'd have to stop to carry your bike up a bridge every 20 metres.

it was actually burano i was talking about when i mentioned seeing bikes again. we weren't sure it was mozzies feasting on us, we reckon there were italian midges too.

Users who are viewing this thread

• rettucs
  • G
  • JohnnyRaz
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back