Jaysus cycling! (5 Viewers)

'Fuck cyclists' is legit advert clicksales. The cyclists and the drivers will click for sure.

They could do weekly articles:

"Cyclists, cunts?"

"Cyclist makes not being a cunt claim"

"Car drivers: 'Cunts', according to cyclists"

"Healing the rift between car drivers and cyclists"

"Cyclists endanger drivers in the age of Covid?"

Endless clicks...

A while back I put the brake hoods angled in and up on the bike as an experiment. I've put in one or two less embarrassing rides in now on that bike, and the angle in thing is a winner. I'm keeping that.

I also had the bars lifted slightly, so that the tops of the hoods stuck up more, with the idea that I could use the top of them almost like tri bars, but that wasn't comfortable. I felt a bit squashed, and I wasn't able to stretch out properly on the bike, so I pushed them back. But yeah, the hoods in thing is great. I'm virtually never on the tops of the bars now, I'm always in the hoods because it's so comfortable.

Ugly as sin, but I don't care. Anyway you can hardly notice it because my hands are always wrapped around covering it. Class!

seized or just sounding like a bag of spanners?

picked up a couple of period correct bits for the rebuild bike today. ran into a problem in that the bolt for the cable clamp on the RD is stuck fast. i tried a spanner on it but it started to round out, and similar issues with a screwdriver. the chap who sold them to me said i can bring them back if there's any issues, but i don't want to let this beat me.

PXL_20201202_225224514.jpg

Suntour rear mech?

Normally if there's something seized I'll just repeatedly hit it with an impact driver kind of set up. So I'd forget about the 10 (?) mil and just get the flathead impact set up and start tapping.

yep, i gave it a good clean down (it was covered in biblical levels of dried crud) and i'll let it dry overnight then try some oil and a heat gun on it.
I'd drown it in wd 40, maybe clamp it if possible and use a ring spanner with a torque bar of some sort. Could also hammer a flat heat in to the slot a bit for more traction, though that works better with philips type. Try going fractions of a turn in both directions, like 5-10 degrees and see if it'll move in any direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cornu Ammonis
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back